Monday, February 2, 2009

What is the biggest challenge you face in your marriage?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making sure that she feels loved, appreciated, and desired everyday. And creating an environment that enables her to feel comfortabe being who she is. I love you baby... I'm glad you liked your warm socks!

Anonymous said...

not being resentful. keeping christ the center, having time for each other, lots of things

Anonymous said...

Right now we are very disconnected. Usually we are a pretty solid unit, but we've had some life changes that have interupted the flow.

Anonymous said...

not being able to be myself around him. I feel more myself when I am with friends and I ama able to have a lot more fun.

Anonymous said...

Making time for sex.

Anonymous said...

Trying to give each other enough space to be individuals.

Anonymous said...

not taking each other for granted and just "coasting" along

Anonymous said...

If this question had been asked a week ago, I would've had a much different answer! Just a week ago, I found out that my husband had an affair. It was very short lived, only two weeks, and once the "act" was committed it ended immediately. My husband has been stuggling with this for months and has been seeing our church pastor about it since the time it happened. So the challenge for us has become where do we go from here?

Anonymous said...

Trying to figure out what we are going to do financially. He is out of work, and I am trying to carry the entire financial burden and it is frustrating for both of us.

Anonymous said...

make him get a job - any job!

Anonymous said...

To the 11:10 poster, I am truly sorry. I will pray that you are able to forgive and heal with time.

We also struggle with connecting. But when I read the first response, it makes me want to work harder on doing that.

Thank you, sir.

Anonymous said...

wow 1st poster, that sounds sooo challenging. you just sound like the best husband ever. isn't that what you want us all to think. and totally anonymous too. what a tool.

Anonymous said...

To the 3:42 PM poster: I am far from the best husband ever. I work too hard at my job, and school. I'm stressed, tired and hard to deal with.

However, my wife is a wonderful, christian, and Godly woman who makes me want to be a better man.

I truly think that making sure she feels loved, appreciated, and desired is the number one thing that I try to work on, or my biggest challenge. It doesn't happen everyday but I try.

Anonymous said...

is 3:42 the wife of poster 1? am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

To:
February 2, 2009 3:42 PM

Bitter much?

Anonymous said...

dealing with recovering from a serious illness, my husband is very sensitive about his manliness(?) and coping with my stresses. he does not like to see me sad or upset, so i have to be very careful right now. i love him so much and i just want him to get better.

Anonymous said...

finishing -- anything. by the time i get home i am too tired and spent physically, mentally, and emotionally to finish all of the things we have started at home. it isn't fair to my wife and is a constant source of irritation. i wish i was more devoted in this area.

Anonymous said...

To 11:10 AM... My heart is breaking for you right now, and I pray that God will speed healing to your marriage. Having been through it myself, I could pass along lots of advice. But I'll just tell you this one statement that helped me more than anything else: You either put it behind you, or you keep it in front of you.

I needed baby steps to get on the path to healing, and I think the simplicity of that statement is what finally got me on that path.

May God bless you with comfort and peace.

Anonymous said...

Exhaustion. We are both so tired and when you get to the end of the day, you have nothing left and unfortnately, that is the only time we have one on one.

Anonymous said...

keeping each other first

Anonymous said...

Sex with her is so exhausting. I'm worn out. :)

Anonymous said...

My husband's family! They like to blame ME for every decision he makes that they don't agree with. Even if it has Nothing to do with ME!! I'm sick of them but I have to watch what I say to keep the peace. He agrees with me, but then he feels bad bc it stresses me out! My biggest thing is that they Always brag about how wonderful my children are and so well behaved. I am a SAHM, don't you think maybe I am just as good a person, I AM raising them mostly by myself! Open your eyes and get your heads out of your rears!