I think it depends on the situation and how serious the incident was. My husband has hit me/pushed me before, but I did it first and we were in a heated fight.
I think yes, give a second chance, but not a third, fourth, fifth, etc. Everyone has lost it at least once. If my husband ever hit me, it would be the last time, because it would freak him out.
Absolutely NOT! If my husband were to do that you better believe I would be taking our child and leaving him quicker than he can blink! Abuse is absolutely unacceptable in my book no matter how often or otherwise.
Only after he has gone through some long EXTENSIVE counseling and has proven that he has dealt with his issues and is no longer a threat. If it were me, and I was married to this person, I would definately not live under the same roof until I was sure it would never happen again. If it were a boyfriend, that would be the end of it.
You're the wife and something horrible has happened and you get furious with your husband. He is talking and screaming and in your face...the rage overtakes you and you punch him in his mouth. It happened so quickly you didn't even realize it was happening.
Are you kicked out of the house? Are you not allowed to see him and your kids until you "get help"?
If it were a boyfriend/girlfriend, no, get out while you can, there is no real commitment, so don't be stupid. If it were a husband, it depends on the situation and if he was repentent. I believe I would forgive him. It would be so out of character of my husband, so I would know it was probably just a one time loss of control. I wouldn't take way the kids and demand he go to therapy for a year.
An abusive man is usually mentally, verbally and emotionally abusive way before the physical abuse starts. It's a cycle. So if there's a pattern of abuse, then no "second chance" until he shows that he's broken the pattern. Trust would have to be rebuilt over a great length of time and through lots of submission to God.
It is so dependant on the situation and the events leading up to the situation and if God uses that one instant as the eye opening experiance that sends him to get help. It is a lot easier to say what you absolutely would and would not do when you are not actually standing there in that situation.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
17 comments:
that is one area i would not give someone a second chance. one act of violence against someone you love and you are out!
I think it depends on the situation and how serious the incident was. My husband has hit me/pushed me before, but I did it first and we were in a heated fight.
Just against someone you love?
I don't believe in second chances in this area and the same goes for a woman that abuses her husband or children.
NO
I think yes, give a second chance, but not a third, fourth, fifth, etc. Everyone has lost it at least once. If my husband ever hit me, it would be the last time, because it would freak him out.
Absolutely NOT! If my husband were to do that you better believe I would be taking our child and leaving him quicker than he can blink! Abuse is absolutely unacceptable in my book no matter how often or otherwise.
Only after he has gone through some long EXTENSIVE counseling and has proven that he has dealt with his issues and is no longer a threat. If it were me, and I was married to this person, I would definately not live under the same roof until I was sure it would never happen again. If it were a boyfriend, that would be the end of it.
I agree with 9:21 AM. Get out of there until he has been completely rehabilitated.
He's never hit you. You've never hit him.
Scenario...
You're the wife and something horrible has happened and you get furious with your husband. He is talking and screaming and in your face...the rage overtakes you and you punch him in his mouth. It happened so quickly you didn't even realize it was happening.
Are you kicked out of the house? Are you not allowed to see him and your kids until you "get help"?
8:25 i am talking in context here.
I feel that EVERYONE deserves a second chance.
If it were a boyfriend/girlfriend, no, get out while you can, there is no real commitment, so don't be stupid. If it were a husband, it depends on the situation and if he was repentent. I believe I would forgive him. It would be so out of character of my husband, so I would know it was probably just a one time loss of control. I wouldn't take way the kids and demand he go to therapy for a year.
An abusive man is usually mentally, verbally and emotionally abusive way before the physical abuse starts. It's a cycle. So if there's a pattern of abuse, then no "second chance" until he shows that he's broken the pattern. Trust would have to be rebuilt over a great length of time and through lots of submission to God.
It is so dependant on the situation and the events leading up to the situation and if God uses that one instant as the eye opening experiance that sends him to get help. It is a lot easier to say what you absolutely would and would not do when you are not actually standing there in that situation.
if he hits you then you leave and you send your big brother over to kick his ass
No. Period. Would you want your daughter to stay with someone like that?
Post a Comment