This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Reader Rally
The first one here leave a question in the comment section. The rest of us will answer YOUR question. Just keep in mind the goal of this blog. Make people think and be honest with themselves. I look forward to seeing what you are curious about.
14 comments:
Anonymous
said...
What was the time in your life that you felt the most vulnerable/insecure?
When my mom and dad were killed. I was so in shock and disbelief! I couldn't function, drive, stop crying, etc.. Looking back, I feel like everyone was watching me and knew I was at my weakest! I was judged by every thing I would say or do(or not do!) It was awful! Those people are no longer in my life even though they are family.
Probably the last 4-5 years. I used to think if you work hard and treat others with respect it will pay off. I'm learning it doesn't always work out that way. As a result, I've really started doubting myself and my worth. I don't like the person it is turning me in to.
High school. I didn't fit in and went through a very emotional incident that took a long time to recover from, and of course I had all the normal hormonal craziness on top of that!
Bringing my daughter home from the hospital. I felt completely inadequate to take care of this little person whom I was responsible for. It was very humbling an grew my faith more than any other experience.
For those of you who feel like you don't fit in... try attending Celebrate Recovery. I used to feel the same way, but never do when I am there. Come to find out there are a ton of people who feel the same way, and I would have never known had I not started going. It is so nice to know I am not alone!
9:09 am if i didn't know any better i would think you were walking beside meday in and day out. it is always good to learn that i am not the only one that has these kind of experiences.
i am in the process now of making an extreme change in my life due to this realization.
Probably high school for me. I had a hard time making friends and had ZERO confidence or self-esteem. I didn't feel like I fit in anywhere, even church was not a refuge for me. I felt like I was made fun of and judged even there. My parents had also gone through a divorce, so that just added to my insecurities.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
14 comments:
What was the time in your life that you felt the most vulnerable/insecure?
right now! I feel really lonely like I don't fit in anywhere.
When my mom and dad were killed. I was so in shock and disbelief! I couldn't function, drive, stop crying, etc.. Looking back, I feel like everyone was watching me and knew I was at my weakest! I was judged by every thing I would say or do(or not do!) It was awful! Those people are no longer in my life even though they are family.
whenever I would start a new job
high school
Probably the last 4-5 years. I used to think if you work hard and treat others with respect it will pay off. I'm learning it doesn't always work out that way. As a result, I've really started doubting myself and my worth. I don't like the person it is turning me in to.
4th-9th grade. Taller and bigger than all the other girls! never felt like i fit in. hated it.
High school. I didn't fit in and went through a very emotional incident that took a long time to recover from, and of course I had all the normal hormonal craziness on top of that!
Bringing my daughter home from the hospital. I felt completely inadequate to take care of this little person whom I was responsible for. It was very humbling an grew my faith more than any other experience.
I felt most vulnerable when I first told my then boyfriend-now husband all the issues I struggle with in my head.
I was very afraid of rejection.
For those of you who feel like you don't fit in... try attending Celebrate Recovery. I used to feel the same way, but never do when I am there. Come to find out there are a ton of people who feel the same way, and I would have never known had I not started going. It is so nice to know I am not alone!
9:09 am if i didn't know any better i would think you were walking beside meday in and day out. it is always good to learn that i am not the only one that has these kind of experiences.
i am in the process now of making an extreme change in my life due to this realization.
Probably high school for me. I had a hard time making friends and had ZERO confidence or self-esteem. I didn't feel like I fit in anywhere, even church was not a refuge for me. I felt like I was made fun of and judged even there. My parents had also gone through a divorce, so that just added to my insecurities.
Everyday! I am very insecure now how much awesome blessings I have in my life.
Post a Comment