what is the age difference between you and your spouse? My husband is two years old. I knew I always wanted "an older man", the idea of dating a guy younger than me did not appeal to me at all.
I believe it depends on the people. My husband and my mom's fiance are the same age (40), but you would never know it by talking to them. My mom's fiance acts more my mom's age than his actual age...while my husband acts more like a 30 year old.
I think a few years older is ok, but it all depends on the adults attitudes. My husband and I are 1year, 1month and 1day apart!
My mom and dad were 11 years apart and it was a nightmare growing up!! Mom was young and spunky and dad was grown up and more responsible! She's remarried to someone closer to her age and he is just like her, spunky!
My friend married her basketball coach. She was 14 when they met, he was 24. But they never dated until he asked her out the day after she turned 18. They got married one year later. I perosnally think that's odd. She never thought it was weird until her daughter turned 14 and I kept saying..."wonder if she'll marry one of her teachers or coaches!" She didn't like that...it's different when it's your kid!
i am two years older than my husband, and there is no issue. my gram told me it is better to marry a younger man, that way you won't be a young widow.(she was)
I think it depends on the people. My friend dated a teacher in high school but her parents knew and didn't mind. I had to keep it a secret from other people at school and thought it was odd but they recently got married and have been together almost 10 years so who knows?!
Older girls, younger guys I think tend to be more of an issue. (I'm talking 5-10 years difference here.) If she's 29, and say he's 20. You asked about dating, and if that's the case that's a big difference. She might be ready to settle down, she's prob done with college etc., and he's just starting out and ready to play. At that age he tends to not know what he wants in life, and she does!
I hope the girl had already graduated before she started dating her coach. Why are college students not to date professors? They are all of legal age, but that relationship makes it inappropriate.
One can get into weird situations. I knew someone who dated a guy four years older than she was, while her mom got married to a guy two years younger than the girl's boyfriend. So stepdad, potential father-in-law, would have been younger than the groom had they gotten married. Just a little creepy.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
18 comments:
It depends on how old the datees are. For example, 15 year old and 30 year old is bad. 40 and 55 year old is not that big of a deal.
I really think it depends on the people involved with each other. I don't think you can just pick numbers.
I agree with 6:19 and 7:31.
i agree with 7:46, 6:19 and 7:31!
47 yrs difference is too much of an age gap.
I agree, it depends on who the people are
if it's illegal then she is too young!
what is the age difference between you and your spouse? My husband is two years old. I knew I always wanted "an older man", the idea of dating a guy younger than me did not appeal to me at all.
Your husband is two years old? How is that legal?
I believe it depends on the people. My husband and my mom's fiance are the same age (40), but you would never know it by talking to them. My mom's fiance acts more my mom's age than his actual age...while my husband acts more like a 30 year old.
I totally agree with the first comment. When you are younger the more the age makes a difference. As you mature 10yrs seems like nothing....
I think a few years older is ok, but it all depends on the adults attitudes. My husband and I are 1year, 1month and 1day apart!
My mom and dad were 11 years apart and it was a nightmare growing up!! Mom was young and spunky and dad was grown up and more responsible! She's remarried to someone closer to her age and he is just like her, spunky!
My friend married her basketball coach. She was 14 when they met, he was 24. But they never dated until he asked her out the day after she turned 18. They got married one year later. I perosnally think that's odd. She never thought it was weird until her daughter turned 14 and I kept saying..."wonder if she'll marry one of her teachers or coaches!" She didn't like that...it's different when it's your kid!
i am two years older than my husband, and there is no issue. my gram told me it is better to marry a younger man, that way you won't be a young widow.(she was)
I think it depends on the people. My friend dated a teacher in high school but her parents knew and didn't mind. I had to keep it a secret from other people at school and thought it was odd but they recently got married and have been together almost 10 years so who knows?!
Older girls, younger guys I think tend to be more of an issue. (I'm talking 5-10 years difference here.) If she's 29, and say he's 20. You asked about dating, and if that's the case that's a big difference. She might be ready to settle down, she's prob done with college etc., and he's just starting out and ready to play. At that age he tends to not know what he wants in life, and she does!
I hope the girl had already graduated before she started dating her coach.
Why are college students not to date professors? They are all of legal age, but that relationship makes it inappropriate.
One can get into weird situations. I knew someone who dated a guy four years older than she was, while her mom got married to a guy two years younger than the girl's boyfriend. So stepdad, potential father-in-law, would have been younger than the groom had they gotten married. Just a little creepy.
Post a Comment