Monday, December 7, 2009

What is your biggest frustration with government? Remember government is bigger than the current or past President and the men and women who are voted into the various roles. This question is intended to be about the US Government and how it works, not the individuals.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is way too big, much bigger than the founding fathers intended and even warned about. Also it has way too much power. The government's job is not to take care of us and provide for us.

Anonymous said...

I agree, way to big with too much power. I wish they would leave more up to the state, and let the people in that state vote. I'm getting tired of a few people who are power hungry in office making life changing decisions for me.

Anonymous said...

Too much corruption. Particularly due to lobbying and with rich companies being able to give so much money to politicians.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the Electoral College. It takes power away from the voters and places it in the hands of political bureaucracy.

Anonymous said...

It is off balance, too big in some areas, too limited in others. And I totally agree about the corruption and lobbying, it's ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Yep, lobbying. That's on both sides of the aisle.

Anonymous said...

so nobody wants to defend Obama and the rest of the government? gasp

Anonymous said...

Re-read the question 10:03... it's not about individuals, it's about how the system works as a whole. I think the whole tone of this post was to step back a little and not single out our president or past presidents. Those of us that support Obama have said enough in previous posts.

With that said, I agree with what others have already said. There's way too much money and corporate lobbying involved in the process. I'm convinced that most politicians (on both sides) care more about the dollar than the well being of the public. You're nobody in Washington unless you can raise enough money for yourself.