Friday, December 11, 2009

Reader Rally

First one here leave a question.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's one story that you've been telling (either to yourself or to others) that deep down inside you know is not true?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... since you asked the question, I'm assuming you have a story that you've been telling that is not true? Why don't you share it with us?

I don't think I could tell something that is not true....

Anonymous said...

at times I tell myself that I am not smart, not beautiful, not valuable. But, deep down I know that the truth is God created me and loves me and says I am valuable and loved!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, the story about my past. It wasn't really as exciting as the story has become over the years ;) Some things were worse, I've sugar coated them so I don't seem like such a horrible person. Some weren't as crazy as I've made them seem.

Also, I keep telling myself that God will take care of everything if I just trust in him. Deep down I know that's not true. I need to be doing more instead of relying 100% on him! He made me well capable of handling my pety problems!

Anonymous said...

Fun question to think about. I have made stories out to be much more exciting and dramatic as they were. I'll make myself look better and the other person look worse. But as for something that I've stuck to forever and tell over and over again through the years, hmmm. The only thing I can think of is stealing a poem and drawings from friends and showing my parents as if they were mine. They were so proud and still think they are mine. I don't talk about them anymore but I've never told the truth. I actually came across two pictures that weren't really mine and finally threw them away.

Anonymous said...

Great question.

Like the few others who have responded, I have exaggerated events over the years.

I guess one thing I have told myself for years is that I was virgin when I got married. I had never had sex, but I really wasn't a virgin either. It is challenging to admit that, even to myself.

Anonymous said...

That it doesn't hurt.