Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What is one thing that is too serious to be joked about?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

our relationship to God

Anonymous said...

People being abused -physically or emotionally. That is just not funny, in any situation.

Anonymous said...

death of a child

Anonymous said...

Ethnic jokes of any kind.

Anonymous said...

8:25
You obviously aren't a fan of Carlos Mencia. lol

Anonymous said...

8:25, obviously you aren't my husband.

Anonymous said...

Any Republican/Conservative sacred cow. We all know THEY don't have a sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

marriage

Anonymous said...

10:51, really? you don't tease about your marriage?

that seems telling and a little sad to me.

Anonymous said...

10:51 here. No, I don't. We had a really rocky start to our marriage. After everything that we went through, my husband and I know how sacred and valuable marriage truly is. It really does offend me when people can make fun our their spouse or their marriage. You must feel different 11:42?

Anonymous said...

10:51, we have a lot of laughter in our marriage. we tease each other and tease about things in our past. betrayals would be too serious to tease about, but most past events and comments are fair game for us, between us. i don't tear him down privately or publicly. well placed humor is important i think.

Anonymous said...

12:34- Oh don't get my wrong, I think that laughter is very important in a marriage! We joke with each other a lot, but when co-workers or even friends joke about their wives and how marriage is like prison, etc...that is what I don't appreciate. Does that make more sense?

Anonymous said...

Child molestation.

I DO NOT get it when comedians, etc. make jokes about people who "might" have molested a child, such as Michael Jackson. DON'T GET IT. That is absolutely NOT something that should be joked about.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the answer I was going for would be about crimes against kids, where the kid would be the butt of the joke.