Most of the time, no. It is hard to keep the house spotless with little kids and babies destroying everything as soon as you clean it up, which I know should not be an excuse, but it sure does make it harder. I definately want to change in that aspect.
We always have some routine family with kids clutter, but nothing I would be embarrassed by. It usually is pretty neat as a whole. By the way my word verification is "nutflab" LOL
Today is fine, come on by! No I only get embarrassed if the kitchen is dirty and the toilets need cleaning, which I usually manage to do regularly. ,y word is peecom lol
Yes! I'm always ready for 'drop ins'. It is my only job: stay at home with my kids, clean my house and run errands. I have all the time in the world to keep it clean! And I don't mean spotless, I mean clean! My kids' play room is a mess with toys, but it's clean under all that!
Today it is, but usually not. I'm trying to change my habits of throwing stuff down wherever and whenever.
I once heard a story about a married couple were on vacation when they were in a terrible accident and died. Family members had to go to their house to take care of kids, etc. Just imagine if your house was a disaster if that happened to you. I know that's a strange story, but it struck a chord with me. I don't want my house to be a pit if something happens to me.
it is usually pretty good except for the bathroom counters,
also I almosr ALAWAYS clean my house before i go out of town, mainly so I don't have to come home to a mess, but that is agoood reason too, wouldn't want to put unnecessary stress on family members if something tragic happened.
11:38, don't worry, Obama is the restorer of hope and I am sure since he is President now that he will do something to fix YOUR problem, spread cleaning supplies egually around to everyone or something or have a government program to keep your house clean. Don't worry, everything is okay now that he is the President,
11:38---you cracked me up. I've not laughed like that in awhile. Thank you.
My house is a pit. A perpetual pit. I struggle to keep up with laundry, usually keep the kitchen clean, but the bathrooms are especially hard for me to keep up with.
And I really stress when I know my MIL is coming over. My house will never be as clean as hers.
2:57, I don't, but I am suprised at home many people our age (30s) who stay at home and still have a maid, come on people, really, you NEED a maid?? Especially if your kids are in school/MDO.
It's better now than it was earlier in the week (looked like a Christmas tree threw up all over the place). My kitchen is a little messier than I normally keep it, but if someone stopped by for a second, I wouldn't be embarrassed. Now, my bedroom and bathroom are another story. Those are the two hardest rooms in the house for me to keep clean.
I try to keep it picked up, but there are times when it's just not possible. By the time I get home, feed all of us and bathe the kiddo, sometimes I just don't feel like cleaning the house as well. Our dryer was broken for a few weeks and I was hauling laundry across town to do it, so it was piling up all week to be done on Saturday. Once we got it fixed, I decided I could take a few minutes each day and do at least one load of laundry a day and pick up. Makes me less stressed out and takes less time to get it cleaned on the weekend. Now if I could only convince my husband that it would take even less time if he'd help...then we'd all be happy.
I'm suprised people think stay at home mom's have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD??! Maybe you do but everyday we go to the library, zoo, museums, the park, etc. Days we stay home we play games, puzzles, do "school", run errands, etc. I do NOT have all the time in the world!!
I can keep up with kitchen dishes, vacuuming, and laundry but nothing else is able to get done during the week. The weekend my husband and I clean but sometimes even our weekends are full.
Dusting is something that is only done about once every two months! Yes, I have hired help (cheap college student) a handful of times.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
24 comments:
Is your house clean enough for someone to unexpectedly drop by?
Most of the time, no. It is hard to keep the house spotless with little kids and babies destroying everything as soon as you clean it up, which I know should not be an excuse, but it sure does make it harder. I definately want to change in that aspect.
If someone is dropping by to see me then, yes, my house is clean enough. If someone is stopping by to see my house... then no way!
Yup
If my drop by guest likes dust bunnies, dog hair, and toys everywhere then yeah.
We always have some routine family with kids clutter, but nothing I would be embarrassed by. It usually is pretty neat as a whole. By the way my word verification is "nutflab" LOL
Today is fine, come on by! No I only get embarrassed if the kitchen is dirty and the toilets need cleaning, which I usually manage to do regularly. ,y word is peecom lol
Yes! I'm always ready for 'drop ins'. It is my only job: stay at home with my kids, clean my house and run errands. I have all the time in the world to keep it clean! And I don't mean spotless, I mean clean! My kids' play room is a mess with toys, but it's clean under all that!
Today it is, but usually not. I'm trying to change my habits of throwing stuff down wherever and whenever.
I once heard a story about a married couple were on vacation when they were in a terrible accident and died. Family members had to go to their house to take care of kids, etc. Just imagine if your house was a disaster if that happened to you. I know that's a strange story, but it struck a chord with me. I don't want my house to be a pit if something happens to me.
right now, yes. most of the time, not on your life.
it is usually pretty good except for the bathroom counters,
also I almosr ALAWAYS clean my house before i go out of town, mainly so I don't have to come home to a mess, but that is agoood reason too, wouldn't want to put unnecessary stress on family members if something tragic happened.
I blame Obama for MY dirty house. But it was dirty under Bush, too.
Great. Now I'm conflicted and don't know who to blame.
11:38, don't worry, Obama is the restorer of hope and I am sure since he is President now that he will do something to fix YOUR problem, spread cleaning supplies egually around to everyone or something or have a government program to keep your house clean. Don't worry, everything is okay now that he is the President,
11:38---you cracked me up. I've not laughed like that in awhile. Thank you.
My house is a pit. A perpetual pit. I struggle to keep up with laundry, usually keep the kitchen clean, but the bathrooms are especially hard for me to keep up with.
And I really stress when I know my MIL is coming over. My house will never be as clean as hers.
40% of the time
12:40 -- thanks. now I can rest easy.
now, about that health care ...
Does anyone here use a cleaning lady or service? Just curious!
2:57, I don't, but I am suprised at home many people our age (30s) who stay at home and still have a maid, come on people, really, you NEED a maid?? Especially if your kids are in school/MDO.
It's better now than it was earlier in the week (looked like a Christmas tree threw up all over the place). My kitchen is a little messier than I normally keep it, but if someone stopped by for a second, I wouldn't be embarrassed. Now, my bedroom and bathroom are another story. Those are the two hardest rooms in the house for me to keep clean.
as long as my toilets are clean, I don't really care what the rest of it looks like. We live here, so it looks lived in. No one is allowed in my room.
I try to keep it picked up, but there are times when it's just not possible. By the time I get home, feed all of us and bathe the kiddo, sometimes I just don't feel like cleaning the house as well. Our dryer was broken for a few weeks and I was hauling laundry across town to do it, so it was piling up all week to be done on Saturday. Once we got it fixed, I decided I could take a few minutes each day and do at least one load of laundry a day and pick up. Makes me less stressed out and takes less time to get it cleaned on the weekend. Now if I could only convince my husband that it would take even less time if he'd help...then we'd all be happy.
Yes if they stay in the front 2 rooms...because we never use the front 2 rooms...
I'm suprised people think stay at home mom's have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD??! Maybe you do but everyday we go to the library, zoo, museums, the park, etc. Days we stay home we play games, puzzles, do "school", run errands, etc. I do NOT have all the time in the world!!
I can keep up with kitchen dishes, vacuuming, and laundry but nothing else is able to get done during the week. The weekend my husband and I clean but sometimes even our weekends are full.
Dusting is something that is only done about once every two months! Yes, I have hired help (cheap college student) a handful of times.
Wow, lady. That's some justification.
Post a Comment