I wish his critics could live in his shoes for 1 month and see how they did.
As for history, I hope they say he did his very best to protect our country. It may have been extreme, but he did what was best for our country at the time. When a leader is put in place it's up to him and his defense team to decide what action is to be taken. I pray the next one is wise enough too do the same.
President Bush is a good man that made bold decisions. He did what he thought was best for our country. I think that by the time our children are older he will be remembered in a more positive light.
Thank goodness he is leaving office and we are turning the page. I think he'll get just as much criticism in the history books as he got while in office.
I never envy the person who fills the role as President. I'm sure it's the toughest job in the world. Howerever I think that he will be remembered as one who was out of touch with the people and used "Christianity" and "Christian values" to justify his choices, even if they were wrong.
My honest fear is that it will be one day seen as "the beginning of the end". I think a lot has happened during this administration--some of it Bushie's fault, some of it not--that have made the country incredibly unstable.
My prayer is that Obama can live up to his potential and help turn things around.
I feel sorry for Bush and the way the country has turned on him during his administration. Too many things happened that were beyond his control that obviously had a negative impact on his image.
I feel that the country looked too much upon what hollywood wanted for the country and jumped on the bandwagon to belittle him.
A lot of what is happening now was put into place by President Clinton as far as the economic woes go, but President Bush did not do anything to correct or put restraints on CEO's to protect people's investments. He also is in the Big Oil Conglomerates pocket. Overall, he has done much for keeping us safe and I think he put dignity back in the office. I too think many people have listened to the hate Hollywood and the entertainment industry have spewed, and not taken the time to read and research on their own.
mt heart hurts for him. no matter what has happened the past 8 years you have to beleive that we wants the best for the ocunrty and tried his best. i used to be less tolerannt and then i became a parent and realized that we all try our best and sometimes things just don't work out. i put that in the context of bush trying to run this couinrty and have to beelive he did what he thought was best.
I'm not sure why my not approving of the majority of decisions that George W. Bush has made in the last 8 years has anything to do with my maturity. Or how you can assume you are more mature because you DO like him.
And just out of curiosity, what are his religious beliefs? Specifically.
When I read "Grow up", it makes me that a Jr. High student wrote the comment.
Civil historians will note the fact that George Bush was responsible for initiating the doctrine of preemptive strike, abandonment of habeas corpus, instutionalizing torture and the repudiation of long-held global agreements such as the Geneva Conventions. It is ironic that many will perceive his actions as stalwartness in the face of trial when in fact he has become quite the role model for existentialism. His policies will be characterized as closed-minded and over-reactionary: closed minded because he consistently turned a deaf ear to any voice not echoing his sentiments and over-reactionary because he failed time and again to consider any strategy not fed to him by his controllers.
"Let it be told to the future world...that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive...that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet [it]."
America. In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations. Barack Obama 01.20.09
What makes me angry is the groups of people who seem to HATE President Bush.
I don't think Bill Clinton was a wonderful president but I don't HATE him! We voted him, he did some good things, he did some not so good things, he lied about the not so good things, and we moved on.
Bush came in, he did some great things, he lead our nation in several times of national crisis, he did what he thought was best, maybe didn't always use the right word or make the right choice, but he was voted in,he did his job and now we're moving on. He deserves your respect whether you agree with him or not.
He was boo'd today. How rude. How disrespectful. How ungrateful.
"Some in the crowd, weary of Bush's eight years in office, booed the president when the large viewing screens near the World War II Memorial flashed an image of the exiting president arriving at the swearing-in. Moments later, rounds of cheers welled up as the same screens showed the incoming first lady, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters, Sasha and Malia."
Bush was the right man at the right time. I am so sick of the liberal media and the junk that they spew along with the Hollywood people and thier opinons. I am avoiding watching TV at all cost today, but I am praying for our President and other leaders as we are commanded to do.
Why isn't there more of an outrage that this is the MOST EXPENSIVE ignaguration in history?? When Bush was ignanurated the 2nd time the media threw a hissy fit saying it was too much when there was a war going on, etc. Hello people, there is still a war and the economy is worse.
I think we got a bit off topic here. My feelings towards Bush as he leaves are not important. He is the past and I look forward toward the future. As for what history books will say, it's hard to tell but I don't think they could come up with many good things to say about him.
I too was a bit taken aback at how much the inaugeration is costing but it's not costing tax payers so I don't really care. The whole thing is paid for by the inaugeration committee so people that donated money are paying for it.
WASHINGTON - Unemployment is up. The stock market is down. Let's party.
The price tag for President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration gala is expected to break records, with some estimates reaching as high as $150 million. Despite the bleak economy, however, Democrats who called on President George W. Bush to be frugal four years ago are issuing no such demands now that an inaugural weekend of rock concerts and star-studded parties has begun.
Obama's inaugural committee has raised more than $41 million to cover events ranging from a Philadelphia-to-Washington train ride to a megastar concert with Beyonce, U2 and Bruce Springsteen to 10 official inaugural balls. Add to that the massive costs of security and transportation — costs absorbed by U.S. taxpayers — and the historic inauguration will produce an equally historic bill.
My opinion of Bush as he leaves office is this: "Barely Competent." And this is not HATE, as some here seem to believe of any negative opinion or criticism. It's actually being kind. This is illustrated with the following analogy:
What would we say of a boss in the business world who lied to fulfill his personal, secret, predetermined agenda; who ignored his own company's expense and state-of-business estimates; who refused to read daily progress reports; who showed no imagination or curiosity about what his business could acheive; who never once showed any inclination toward introspection or self-evaluation; who fired or mistreated those who disagreed with him; who ignored standard eithics rules and procedures and supported others who did the same; who, through misguided decisions, caused the unemployement and deaths of thousands, and then expected to be congratulated for such decisions; who broke the law with impunity; who depended on his little charm and dubious wit to gloss over his disatrous administration in the hopes that no one would notice; who, in spite of all the foregoing, looked back on his time as boss and said he did a great job, made tough decisions and did what HE thought was best for the company? We would say "fire and arrest him."
How can this be a sad day? Or a happy day? For any of us? Regardless of who you or I voted for, we did not vote in or out either candidate. The electoral college did.
And how can someone be so emotionally up-in-arms about something such as this? Something over which we have zero control?
When it comes right down to it, we have zero control over anything in our lives, except for how we will act and react to the circumstances in which we find ourselves.
I choose to believe that God can use Obama for good, regardless of whether or not I agree with his politics.
As I watched all the pomp and circumstance yesterday I became quite emotional about how amazing our country is.
Were you aware of the dignity that we showed the world yesterday? We kindly, gently, orderly, respectfully passed on the power of this nation from one political party to another. Did you hear Diane Feinstein? Did you hear her reminders of our peace and greatness as a nation?
How could yesterday not be a happy day for everyone. Regardless of your political views, we transferred leadership without gun fire or blood shed. W. is probably exhausted and weary, but no worse for having left the White House. He peacefully entrusted the leadership to President Obama.
We do live in a great country and shame on anyone who is so caught up in their political view and agenda to recognize the blessing that was shared yesterday.
I think Bush did the best he could do. I'm pretty sure President of the United States is not an easy job, especially when you through in 9/11.
I do feel that Obama supporters have been disrespful towards Bush. Even if you did not agree with what Bush did in office for 8 years, it's still no reason to boo or be disrespectful towards him. He was the leader of our country. I do not agree with Obama, but I will never boo him!
I know this is off topic, but look at what the president thought was top priority his first day in office http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/21/obama-lift-ban-funding-groups-providing-abortions-overseas/ Seriously??! Besides the huge important fact that abortion is murder, out of all the problems we have the president felt that using US taxes dollars (when we have money issues of our own) to fund abortions in other coutries was a top priority?! I hope the Obama supporters knew what they were voting for.
I don't know what history books will say about him, but I think the man didn't have an easy transition into his presidency and was faced with national tragedy very early on. Hind sight is 20/20, but I think he did his best to try and make the right decisions at the with the information he had at the time. I think he couldn't win no matter what he did b/c if he had taken a passive approach everyone would have been griping about that too. I still very much admire his efforts.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
40 comments:
a buffoon with the faintest grasp of world affairs or governance led about by self-serving handlers
a man with dignity and insight who did his best to protect his country.
I don't care what's written in the History Books about him. I'm turning the page and reading about Today in History, January 20 2009.
I wish his critics could live in his shoes for 1 month and see how they did.
As for history, I hope they say he did his very best to protect our country. It may have been extreme, but he did what was best for our country at the time. When a leader is put in place it's up to him and his defense team to decide what action is to be taken. I pray the next one is wise enough too do the same.
President Bush is a good man that made bold decisions. He did what he thought was best for our country. I think that by the time our children are older he will be remembered in a more positive light.
Thank goodness he is leaving office and we are turning the page. I think he'll get just as much criticism in the history books as he got while in office.
I never envy the person who fills the role as President. I'm sure it's the toughest job in the world. Howerever I think that he will be remembered as one who was out of touch with the people and used "Christianity" and "Christian values" to justify his choices, even if they were wrong.
My honest fear is that it will be one day seen as "the beginning of the end". I think a lot has happened during this administration--some of it Bushie's fault, some of it not--that have made the country incredibly unstable.
My prayer is that Obama can live up to his potential and help turn things around.
I feel sorry for Bush and the way the country has turned on him during his administration. Too many things happened that were beyond his control that obviously had a negative impact on his image.
I feel that the country looked too much upon what hollywood wanted for the country and jumped on the bandwagon to belittle him.
A lot of what is happening now was put into place by President Clinton as far as the economic woes go, but President Bush did not do anything to correct or put restraints on CEO's to protect people's investments. He also is in the Big Oil Conglomerates pocket. Overall, he has done much for keeping us safe and I think he put dignity back in the office. I too think many people have listened to the hate Hollywood and the entertainment industry have spewed, and not taken the time to read and research on their own.
Oh yeah.. He's in big oil.... That's why oil and gas prices have droped by 50% !!! Think before you type!
mt heart hurts for him. no matter what has happened the past 8 years you have to beleive that we wants the best for the ocunrty and tried his best. i used to be less tolerannt and then i became a parent and realized that we all try our best and sometimes things just don't work out. i put that in the context of bush trying to run this couinrty and have to beelive he did what he thought was best.
He is a good Christian man who made decisions he thought were best for our country.
I'm SICK of the Bush-haters. Grow up people.
I'm not sure why my not approving of the majority of decisions that George W. Bush has made in the last 8 years has anything to do with my maturity. Or how you can assume you are more mature because you DO like him.
And just out of curiosity, what are his religious beliefs? Specifically.
When I read "Grow up", it makes me that a Jr. High student wrote the comment.
my, aren't we all bitchy this morning.
Civil historians will note the fact that George Bush was responsible for initiating the doctrine of preemptive strike, abandonment of habeas corpus, instutionalizing torture and the repudiation of long-held global agreements such as the Geneva Conventions. It is ironic that many will perceive his actions as stalwartness in the face of trial when in fact he has become quite the role model for existentialism. His policies will be characterized as closed-minded and over-reactionary: closed minded because he consistently turned a deaf ear to any voice not echoing his sentiments and over-reactionary because he failed time and again to consider any strategy not fed to him by his controllers.
inept, incompetent, inadequate and insecure
"Let it be told to the future world...that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive...that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet [it]."
America. In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations. Barack Obama 01.20.09
Bush is a buffoon. I am so thankful that he is no longer my president.
It is astonishing to read that you think he brought dignity back to the presidency.
He made a mockery of the Consitution. I am glad he is gone.
What makes me angry is the groups of people who seem to HATE President Bush.
I don't think Bill Clinton was a wonderful president but I don't HATE him! We voted him, he did some good things, he did some not so good things, he lied about the not so good things, and we moved on.
Bush came in, he did some great things, he lead our nation in several times of national crisis, he did what he thought was best, maybe didn't always use the right word or make the right choice, but he was voted in,he did his job and now we're moving on. He deserves your respect whether you agree with him or not.
He was boo'd today. How rude. How disrespectful. How ungrateful.
Wow. If he was booed then Fox really is a conservative new station; which is what I was watching. They must have censored that out.
"Some in the crowd, weary of Bush's eight years in office, booed the president when the large viewing screens near the World War II Memorial flashed an image of the exiting president arriving at the swearing-in. Moments later, rounds of cheers welled up as the same screens showed the incoming first lady, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters, Sasha and Malia."
Like I said, disrespectful and ungrateful!
Bush was the right man at the right time. I am so sick of the liberal media and the junk that they spew along with the Hollywood people and thier opinons. I am avoiding watching TV at all cost today, but I am praying for our President and other leaders as we are commanded to do.
Why isn't there more of an outrage that this is the MOST EXPENSIVE ignaguration in history?? When Bush was ignanurated the 2nd time the media threw a hissy fit saying it was too much when there was a war going on, etc. Hello people, there is still a war and the economy is worse.
The presidency was handed to Bush by the Supreme Court the first time he got it. Shame on us for allowing him a second term.
have you seen the approval ratings lately? Bush 23%, Cheney 13%.
Only about 1 in four people like Goerge Bush. I wonder why that is.
I wouldn't boo Bush. I applaud his exit.
I don't think you can say, "He is a good man," unless you know him personally.
I'm not saying he isn't a good man. I'm suggesting that those who said he is a good man are speculating.
I think we got a bit off topic here. My feelings towards Bush as he leaves are not important. He is the past and I look forward toward the future. As for what history books will say, it's hard to tell but I don't think they could come up with many good things to say about him.
I too was a bit taken aback at how much the inaugeration is costing but it's not costing tax payers so I don't really care. The whole thing is paid for by the inaugeration committee so people that donated money are paying for it.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090120.INAUGURALCOST20/TPStory/International
Get your facts right. Do a search on cost of inauguration,
WASHINGTON - Unemployment is up. The stock market is down. Let's party.
The price tag for President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration gala is expected to break records, with some estimates reaching as high as $150 million. Despite the bleak economy, however, Democrats who called on President George W. Bush to be frugal four years ago are issuing no such demands now that an inaugural weekend of rock concerts and star-studded parties has begun.
Obama's inaugural committee has raised more than $41 million to cover events ranging from a Philadelphia-to-Washington train ride to a megastar concert with Beyonce, U2 and Bruce Springsteen to 10 official inaugural balls. Add to that the massive costs of security and transportation — costs absorbed by U.S. taxpayers — and the historic inauguration will produce an equally historic bill.
Well, an expensive inauguration should suit all the Reganomicists-- the trickle down should be amazing.
My opinion of Bush as he leaves office is this: "Barely Competent." And this is not HATE, as some here seem to believe of any negative opinion or criticism. It's actually being kind. This is illustrated with the following analogy:
What would we say of a boss in the business world who lied to fulfill his personal, secret, predetermined agenda; who ignored his own company's expense and state-of-business estimates; who refused to read daily progress reports; who showed no imagination or curiosity about what his business could acheive; who never once showed any inclination toward introspection or self-evaluation; who fired or mistreated those who disagreed with him; who ignored standard eithics rules and procedures and supported others who did the same; who, through misguided decisions, caused the unemployement and deaths of thousands, and then expected to be congratulated for such decisions; who broke the law with impunity; who depended on his little charm and dubious wit to gloss over his disatrous administration in the hopes that no one would notice; who, in spite of all the foregoing, looked back on his time as boss and said he did a great job, made tough decisions and did what HE thought was best for the company? We would say "fire and arrest him."
Well, now that we've fired him, let's arrest him.
A man with dignity and he did his best to protect us as a country! Today is a sad day to me, and I cannot believe people voted him in!
How can you be sad when the nation is so uplifted?
I apologize... This strays from the topic.
How can this be a sad day? Or a happy day? For any of us? Regardless of who you or I voted for, we did not vote in or out either candidate. The electoral college did.
And how can someone be so emotionally up-in-arms about something such as this? Something over which we have zero control?
When it comes right down to it, we have zero control over anything in our lives, except for how we will act and react to the circumstances in which we find ourselves.
I choose to believe that God can use Obama for good, regardless of whether or not I agree with his politics.
As I watched all the pomp and circumstance yesterday I became quite emotional about how amazing our country is.
Were you aware of the dignity that we showed the world yesterday? We kindly, gently, orderly, respectfully passed on the power of this nation from one political party to another. Did you hear Diane Feinstein? Did you hear her reminders of our peace and greatness as a nation?
How could yesterday not be a happy day for everyone. Regardless of your political views, we transferred leadership without gun fire or blood shed. W. is probably exhausted and weary, but no worse for having left the White House. He peacefully entrusted the leadership to President Obama.
We do live in a great country and shame on anyone who is so caught up in their political view and agenda to recognize the blessing that was shared yesterday.
How did we show dignity when Obama supporters booed President Bush, gave him the 1 finger salute and sang "na na gooood byeeee"???? Shame on YOU!
And did you see the big handpainted sign that said "Bush get da hell out!"? I laughed.
I think Bush did the best he could do. I'm pretty sure President of the United States is not an easy job, especially when you through in 9/11.
I do feel that Obama supporters have been disrespful towards Bush. Even if you did not agree with what Bush did in office for 8 years, it's still no reason to boo or be disrespectful towards him. He was the leader of our country. I do not agree with Obama, but I will never boo him!
I know this is off topic, but look at what the president thought was top priority his first day in office http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/21/obama-lift-ban-funding-groups-providing-abortions-overseas/
Seriously??! Besides the huge important fact that abortion is murder, out of all the problems we have the president felt that using US taxes dollars (when we have money issues of our own) to fund abortions in other coutries was a top priority?! I hope the Obama supporters knew what they were voting for.
I don't know what history books will say about him, but I think the man didn't have an easy transition into his presidency and was faced with national tragedy very early on. Hind sight is 20/20, but I think he did his best to try and make the right decisions at the with the information he had at the time. I think he couldn't win no matter what he did b/c if he had taken a passive approach everyone would have been griping about that too. I still very much admire his efforts.
Post a Comment