Yes I would want to know. I try to be a good person but nothing is as humbling as someone telling you your falts. Also, it would help me see where I need to improve in life-which is alot of places! :)
I once had a friend suggest, in a loving way, that I had a problem with gossip. My knee-jerk reaction was to remove her from my circle of friends. I'm glad I didn't do that, because I now realize she was modeling Christ to me. The truth hurts, but if our friends are true friends, they'll love us in spite of our faults and help us to change.
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
Having found out accidentally what others think of me, I can't say that much good came of it. You can't change their minds and it only makes you paranoid. Plus, sometime what other people think of you has more to do with their own issues than yours.
I trust that if there is something I really need to be made aware of about myself my FRIENDS will tell me...in a tactful way.
i would want to be told, if it was something i really needed to change but in a loving way. sometimes more harm than good can come from "well meaning" friends. i am a rebel at times and if someone was unkind about my faults, i would probably do them all the more.
would you really listen if someone said it in a loving way? Its the harshness that grabs our attention enough to make us mad until we calm down and realize what they said is true.
I would, but only from those that know my family inside and out! If it's a stranger that doesn't understand why things are done a certain way (discipline) than NO!
I wish more people would speak up rather than gossip and hide! Whatever happened to honest hearted people. Just trying to help.
To the person confronting someone. Please be honest and sincere. Nothing hurts worse than a 'friend' rubbing your nose in bad behavior! :)
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
17 comments:
hell no!
no, I know which comments are speaking of me. And I can work on them without knowing who said them.
Yes I would want to know. I try to be a good person but nothing is as humbling as someone telling you your falts. Also, it would help me see where I need to improve in life-which is alot of places! :)
Yes, I want to know!
no
no way. i am fragile enough as it is.
I once had a friend suggest, in a loving way, that I had a problem with gossip. My knee-jerk reaction was to remove her from my circle of friends. I'm glad I didn't do that, because I now realize she was modeling Christ to me. The truth hurts, but if our friends are true friends, they'll love us in spite of our faults and help us to change.
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
Having found out accidentally what others think of me, I can't say that much good came of it. You can't change their minds and it only makes you paranoid. Plus, sometime what other people think of you has more to do with their own issues than yours.
I trust that if there is something I really need to be made aware of about myself my FRIENDS will tell me...in a tactful way.
If people could be kinder and gentler in their honesty, I would be open to it.
Some of that stuff was harsh.
I agree with 11:09am perfectly.
I am not always willing to face the awful truth about myself.
I can count on about three people in my life to be fully honest with me.
One of them is pushy. One of them is reluctant to ruffle my feathers, but will when needed. The third holds back then goes whole hog.
But I need them all. And I still don't like it.
Only my friends.
But no one can really judge unless they've walked in your shoes.
i would want to be told, if it was something i really needed to change but in a loving way. sometimes more harm than good can come from "well meaning" friends. i am a rebel at times and if someone was unkind about my faults, i would probably do them all the more.
would you really listen if someone said it in a loving way? Its the harshness that grabs our attention enough to make us mad until we calm down and realize what they said is true.
I think that the key was whether if it came from love or from "you are such a messed up idiot".
I would, but only from those that know my family inside and out! If it's a stranger that doesn't understand why things are done a certain way (discipline) than NO!
I wish more people would speak up rather than gossip and hide! Whatever happened to honest hearted people. Just trying to help.
To the person confronting someone. Please be honest and sincere. Nothing hurts worse than a 'friend' rubbing your nose in bad behavior! :)
Big fat NO!
Post a Comment