Friday, January 16, 2009

Reader Rally

The first one here leave a question in the comment section. The rest of us will answer YOUR question. Just keep in mind the goal of this blog. Make people think and be honest with themselves. I look forward to seeing what you are curious about.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's talk about pet peeves of the driving variety: what driving behavior really set you off? What gets you talking to yourself or the "idiot" the other vehicle?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I don't like people to ride the brake. Or driving with the turnsignal on.

#2 No I have no idea what he is talking about. I just let him talk and smile and nod my head.

Anonymous said...

Slow drivers blocking the left lane! Grrrr!!!

Anonymous said...

impatient people who honk and speed around you when you are going the speed limit!

Sarah said...

To the person who posted the second question earlier this morning, I have removed the question and will post it Monday morning.

Thanks for submitting it. :)

Anonymous said...

People who ride my bumper or who cross over into my lane b/c their too busy talking on their cell phones and not paying attention to the road. AND don't get me started on people who text and drive. If you are one of them...STOP!

Anonymous said...

driving slow in the left lane, some people have NO clue!!!!

if you're in the right lane and coming up to the light and you're NOT turning right....get over so other people CAN turn right!

people pulling out of drive thru's all crazy and slow cuz they're trying to dig for french fries....can't you wait 3 minutes till you get home???

Anonymous said...

Where do I start? People that pull out in front of me and then turn and the next street, slow drivers in the passing lane, people that drive crazy when it is raining/snowing

Anonymous said...

people who pick their nose, they really dig and work on it!!! your windows might be tinted but we can STILL SEE YOU!!!!! it's SICK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love to block the left lane by driving slowly. I love to see the people get irritated and go into the right lane to pass me.

Anonymous said...

People passing on the right. That's one thing I remember from driving class, "Never Pass On the Right". Hope they get a ticket for doing so. Slow drivers keep to the right.

Anonymous said...

for the "bright one" who posted they like to drive slow in the left lane to piss people off....i hope you get a ticket soon!!! it's not only rude, it's stupid and dangerous. they have people faster in that lane for a reason. it is a written law, look it up.

Anonymous said...

It's not stupid or dangerous. If you are going the speed limit it doesn't matter what lane you driving in.

Anonymous said...

I do not like when people pass me and then get in front of me and slow down........What the heck!!

Anonymous said...

if you're driving SLOW you're not going the speed limit. AND it still doesn't matter, when driving, you should always be in the right lane unless you need to pass on the LEFT. the left lane is meant for passing people in the right lane. if you are just driving the legal speed limit get in the right lane. agian, look it up...or drive down the turnpike, there's a big sign that explains how it works!

Anonymous said...

"Slower traffic keep right"

Anonymous said...

and what about idiots who don't signal turns? Those little lights on the corners of your car aren't ornamentation.

Anonymous said...

I think there should be a state/federal law that after the age of 70 everyone must take a driving test each year to renew their license.

I'm just sayin.

Anonymous said...

What about the people that drive in the rain or other bad weather without their lights on? In some states it's a law that if your wipers are on, your lights have to be too. It is A LOT safer when other people can see you.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, nobody raised in Oklahoma can drive. With that said my biggest pet peeve is people who do not speed up getting onto the highway. Absolutely drives me crazy.

Anonymous said...

my husband (not raised in OK) would totally agree with the last statement....he yells that often while we're driving around town!

Anonymous said...

"people who do not speed up getting onto the highway". . . me too, me too!!

Anonymous said...

my biggest driving pet peeve is my husband's driving. The one I get mad at him the most is when he cuts off (or he just calls it changing lanes) someone right as he is turning into the church parking lot.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you dear Oklahomans do not know how to use the onramp to get up to freeway speed.

Also, there is the infamous "Oklahoma Box In" (I am not making this up as I type). That's when a slow car is in front of you and a car comes alongside you and GOES THE SAME SPEED!!! UGH! And even when I am not in Oklahoma, and I experience this, I call it like I see it!

Anonymous said...

oklahoma state statute ch. 11 sect. 824A Impede movement of traffic. No person shall drive a vehicle such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

Anonymous said...

I think Oklahomans and Texans are battling it out to see which state can produce the worst drivers.

If someone signals to come into your lane, that is not a cue to speed up so that they can't actually get into your lane. Come on... share the road.

If a traffic signal turns yellow, that doesn't mean "speed up so the six cars behind you can also get through on yellow." It means stop, okay?

And whatever happened to the rules at a four-way stop? Car to the right has the right-of-way.

Is driver's ed even offered in Oklahoma?

Anonymous said...

I hate it when my husband asks for BJ's on long car trips.

Anonymous said...

just make sure he's in the right lane before you start doing that to him!!! ; )

Anonymous said...

What's a BJ's?

Anonymous said...

Oh No!!!! Ask you husband....I'm sure he would be more than glad to tell you. However, you may be opening a door you wish would have remained closed.