Friday, January 9, 2009

Reader Rally

The first one here leave a question in the comment section. The rest of us will answer YOUR question. Just keep in mind the goal of this blog. Make people think and be honest with themselves. I look forward to seeing what you are curious about.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much debt do you have and how are you doing overall finacially?

Anonymous said...

Besides the mortgage, less than 5k in student loans is our only debt. Overall, I think we are doing okay, we live within our means, we are trying to get the debt paid in the next few months, we give 10%, save over 10% for retirement and are saving a little each month for children's college.

Anonymous said...

bad bad bad irs, credit cards 2 cars mortgage just got the electric bill, 368! and we try to be careful. gulp.

Anonymous said...

Well, we have a pretty good income, but our debt is around $35,000(mostly student loans, and a very small amount of credit.) It worries me to death. I want to get it paid off SOON. We also did not put any down payment on our house, so our mtg payment is kind of high. (Not more than we can afford, just more than I would like to pay, because I'm cheap.) We don't use credit cards anymore, and we are living within our means, but that debt just feels like a huge weight hanging over my head.

Anonymous said...

I'm blessed to say I have 0 debt. Of course, I'm still in my 20s but I'm taking this time to save every penny. My friends say I'm cheap, but I think I'm wise. They spend money like there's no tomorrow, and I save and spend wisely.

Anonymous said...

We have about $10k in student loans and maybe around $5k in credit card debt. We used to have zero in credit card debt up until about a year ago, when my husband's job became very unstable and he wasn't bringing in any income. We both work and we both also are very careful about spending money, so I think we are okay financially. I would just like to be able to live a little bit more and enjoy money rather than fear spending it.

Anonymous said...

I don't count the students loans. They are at about 40-50k.

Then there is about $16,000 in credit card debt.

Anonymous said...

we have 50k in student loans. it is a huge burden and i kind of resent the in-laws for not helping to pay for my hubsbands education, especially when they have the means. they are enjoying thier money right now and we are drowning.

Anonymous said...

$25K in Student Loans
$6K in 1 Credit Card
$5K in Store Credit
$4K in small Loan
$1K at Lowes
We are still doing good, we make the payments and are working the Dave Ramsey Plan. With our income we should be able to pay all of this off in 2-3 years.

Anonymous said...

I have about 3k left on my school loan.

We have about 7k in credit card debt.

I hate it, but I don't feel like it's that terrible, considering.

Anonymous said...

Besides the mortgage we have ZERO DEBT!!! My husband is so awesome and worked hard to get us where we are. We have no credit cards. We bought a brand new car a few years ago and paid it off in a year and a half. I'm so proud of how he manages our money.

Anonymous said...

We are in a good situation. We have NO DEBT besides our house and our mortgage is on a 15 year note.

We are able to give 10% each week to GOD and we have 10% of my husband's income going to his 401K.

Anonymous said...

Debt - $1500 left on one car, $1200 in car repairs for the car that is paid for, $2000 for house repairs, $1000 to Doctors, $59,000 on our house...NO credit cards.

ready to be debt free again in Jesus' name.

If you are needing to get out of debt you might consider sowing a seed by paying towards someone else's debt. Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over. For with the measure you give it will be given back to you.

Anonymous said...

While I agree that we should give generously and that God will bless our generosity richly, I don't necessarily agree with that last post.

I think the act of giving just to get more negates the blessing that follows giving. And scripture doesn't tell us that God will bless us financially when we are generous. Perhaps He blesses us with contentment, discernment and wise council.

Anonymous said...

it's not giving to get more. it is giving to HELP others...even though you may need it too.

If you only knew how much sowing seed into others has blessed our family - you would try it too.

Anonymous said...

blessed life by robert morris says it all

Anonymous said...

So does The Blessing by Kenneth Copeland.

Anonymous said...

And The God of the Breakthough is Visiting my House by Jerry Savelle

Anonymous said...

So, a follow up question might be... what does everybody make annually in relationship to their total debt? Do you feel that your family/friends treats you differently because of that income?

Anonymous said...

We make 76K a year and our total debt w/o the house is 35K.

Anonymous said...

We make about 42K and are debt free. :)

We worked hard to pay off our school loans and vehicles. Somehow even with the debt paid off, I don't feel like we have much extra cash flow.

Anonymous said...

I was poster #2 and to answer the follow up question, we make $85k a year with 5k (except for house) debt.

Anonymous said...

Do both the husband and wife work?

Anonymous said...

I said this above (I don't know which number it was)

****************
We are in a good situation. We have NO DEBT besides our house and our mortgage is on a 15 year note.

We are able to give 10% each week to GOD and we have 10% of my husband's income going to his 401K.
****************

My husband makes 75K a year and I am a stay at home mom.

Anonymous said...

We make $29K per year. I work two days and my husband works full time. I think that people would be really surprised if they knew what little we make. Total debt w/o house is $6K.

God really blesses us as we honor Him. We have never lacked. We only recently (last year)accrued our debt- for home improvements and car repair.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I both work full time and together make about 60k. We have only the mortgage as our debt. We have credit cards but pay them off monthly and only use them so we get mileage points and other rewards. We give about 10% as well.

Anonymous said...

About 8.5K in student loans and 16K in credit card debt...but have been really disaplined about paying that off. Trying to keep up with everyone else proved to be a very unwise move.

Anonymous said...

We have a mortgage and student loans. And we have a balance on our credit card that we are paying off asap. We've both a healthy fear of credit cards and really do not use them except for previously decided purchases and when we buy gas. We've seen debt destroy family members and are really cautious about how we use it. But we are just now buckling down in order to save for retirement and invest in stock. It's frustrating that we haven't done better for our future but I know it will feel good when we start seeing our balance of our savings account increase.

Anonymous said...

58K and no debt.

Anonymous said...

60K in school loans (argh!)
Mortgage, but rapidly wittling this away! Should have it paid off in 2-3 years! Yippee!
Everything else is paid off

Anonymous said...

73 k in student loans, 13k cc, 1k on car, and 1k in Dr. bills...and the mortgage, we both work and bring home 74k per year.

We do not use CC anymore, in fact they are all closed. This year we paid cash for all of our Christmas, that was a victory. We are slowly paying off these smaller debts. The school loan is a huge burden. We have done Financial Peace, but could use a refresher!

Anonymous said...

We started saving every penny at age 18 and now, only 7 years later, we have NO DEBT, a 6,000 sq ft home and nice vehicles. Nice-Not New! It feels like all our friends want to keep up and don't understand that you have to actually work to get there!

It seems like alot of writers have student loan debt! WOW!

Also.. My husband and I own our own business making around $37k, I stay at home and work from there. It really works out perfect!