Most of my friend's kids are pretty well behaved. Occasionaly you do thing, "Why aren't they doing something about that?" But I just keep in mind that there have been days where people have probably seen my kids on an off day and make the same judgements as me.
But it is harder to have patience with kids that aren't your own.
I tend to see kids as kids--imperfect, still learning and every one unique--but it's still hard not to compare! I do wish my friends had better control of their kids during church but I know my kid has his own shortcomings!
I figure I should dish out grace the way I'd like to receive it--in abundance!
(And I totally don't mean it in a holier-than-thou kind of way; it's just what I've found works!)
For the most part my friends kids are good. They are the same age as my kids and play well together. As for some of my neighborhood kids, that is another story. I have seen first hand what divorce, older parents and non discipline can do. I try hard to not let my kids be around theirs. Very sad since my kids love to play with them since they live so close.
I would agree with the one who talked about "friends" and FRIENDS.
I think we have migrated toward those who have similar parenting styles. It makes it easier when the rules are generally the same when the kids are playing together.
Hello, all. Sarah gave me permission to post this here (and I accidentally posted it to the same place twice!).
I wanted to tell you about a blog I've just started, focused on discussion of verious issues, using the Scriptures. Please visit and comment! I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say. Let's challenge each other.
I sure hope the first two posters are NOT teaching my children in any way, especially if you only have patience with your own.
Most of my friend's have well mannered children. I try not to judge, my own children are not perfect, we all have our bad days.
What irritates me more is the way the parents contribute to their childs behavior by ignoring it, talking to them like they are a baby,making excuses for them, or being inconsistent.
I think most of my friends' kids are pretty well behaved (to expect children to be angels 24/7 is a little unrealistic). I do have one or two friends who have kids that I drive me nuts. I don't think it is my place to disciple other people's kids unless they are in my care, but it takes a lot of restraint to not tell some of these kids to sit down and mind their parents.
most of my friends have really well behaved kids. I only really have one friend with kids that are older than 6 months, but they are really really well behaved. It encourages me. I want to be the kind of mom she is to her kids.
I find my friends kids act just like mine do, which is really reassuring. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they aren't that great. But they are kids and are learning how to behave appropriately. I do worry sometimes what other people think about my kids.
I will say though that my nieces and nephews behavior drives me nuts...
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
19 comments:
Obnoxious. Sad to say that children do reflect their parents. That don't always get the good traits.
Brats, annoying and as the first poster said, obnoxious!
It's really difficult to have patience with children who are not your own!
Most of my friend's kids are pretty well behaved. Occasionaly you do thing, "Why aren't they doing something about that?" But I just keep in mind that there have been days where people have probably seen my kids on an off day and make the same judgements as me.
But it is harder to have patience with kids that aren't your own.
I tend to see kids as kids--imperfect, still learning and every one unique--but it's still hard not to compare! I do wish my friends had better control of their kids during church but I know my kid has his own shortcomings!
I figure I should dish out grace the way I'd like to receive it--in abundance!
(And I totally don't mean it in a holier-than-thou kind of way; it's just what I've found works!)
I don't point the finger. My friends kids are good most of the time, and get wild sometimes! Just like mine!!
I do wonder what people think about my kids though. (I hope poster #1 is NOT my friend!!) ha ha
For the most part my friends kids are good. They are the same age as my kids and play well together. As for some of my neighborhood kids, that is another story. I have seen first hand what divorce, older parents and non discipline can do. I try hard to not let my kids be around theirs. Very sad since my kids love to play with them since they live so close.
It depends on the friends...
Some of our "friends" have really bratty, undisciplined kids.
Most of our FRIENDS have well-adjusted, well-disciplined sweet kids.
In our circle of FRIENDS, I'm afraid our kids are the brattiest.
highly reflective of my friends behavior!
I would agree with the one who talked about "friends" and FRIENDS.
I think we have migrated toward those who have similar parenting styles. It makes it easier when the rules are generally the same when the kids are playing together.
I love my friends' kids and am happy to see them, with only minor exceptions.
I worry about my own children's behavior and the way they are perceived a LOT.
I'm the first poster and my friend's children are teenagers. Praying that they will change as they grow into adults.
whew! Some of you are pretty judgemental! I hope none of you are teaching my kids in Bible class.
My friends children are sweet kids that are well-behaved but with their own quirks......which all kids SHOULD have.
No kid are perfect.....and they shouldn't be. That would be kind of creepy.
Hello, all. Sarah gave me permission to post this here (and I accidentally posted it to the same place twice!).
I wanted to tell you about a blog I've just started, focused on discussion of verious issues, using the Scriptures. Please visit and comment! I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say. Let's challenge each other.
Thanks!
I sure hope the first two posters are NOT teaching my children in any way, especially if you only have patience with your own.
Most of my friend's have well mannered children. I try not to judge, my own children are not perfect, we all have our bad days.
What irritates me more is the way the parents contribute to their childs behavior by ignoring it, talking to them like they are a baby,making excuses for them, or being inconsistent.
To the last poster:
Isn't that why most kids act the way they do...because of there parents?
That is why mine do!!!
I think most of my friends' kids are pretty well behaved (to expect children to be angels 24/7 is a little unrealistic). I do have one or two friends who have kids that I drive me nuts. I don't think it is my place to disciple other people's kids unless they are in my care, but it takes a lot of restraint to not tell some of these kids to sit down and mind their parents.
most of my friends have really well behaved kids. I only really have one friend with kids that are older than 6 months, but they are really really well behaved. It encourages me. I want to be the kind of mom she is to her kids.
I find my friends kids act just like mine do, which is really reassuring. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they aren't that great. But they are kids and are learning how to behave appropriately. I do worry sometimes what other people think about my kids.
I will say though that my nieces and nephews behavior drives me nuts...
Post a Comment