This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
How have you tried to make your parents happy?
11 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Not because she said to do this but only because I wonted to and thought it was important. My family moved back to my hometown. I'm sure that this made her happy. I was also able to help care for her as she aged. She also was able to enjoy her grandchildren.
As I was growning up I think that just being respectful and obeying my parents house rules made them happy.
Uh, I've made myself miserable at times to make my parents happy. I've traveled a thousand miles during the holidays, basically taken time off from work to visit. I have other siblings that never go home to visit so I always feel like I have to keep them happy.
Only once have I put my foot down and did what I wanted and they made little remarks to make me feel guilty.
I went to an expensive Christian college and transferred to a less expensive state school to make my dad happy. (He always griped about money so I thought it would make him shut up.) I always wish I would have just stayed and finished out my years where I started.
Pleasing my parents has been easy most of my life. I have a wonderful relationship with them and generally as long as I am doing my best and seeking the Father, they are pleased.
I do have to see the other side though, I watch my husband try to make his father happy. (Both he and his brother do it.) Their dad NEVER says good job or I love you. They are both grown men and you can tell it still affects them. He's broken their spirits, and they NEVER feel good enough. It's so sad!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
11 comments:
Not because she said to do this but only because I wonted to and thought it was important. My family moved back to my hometown. I'm sure that this made her happy. I was also able to help care for her as she aged. She also was able to enjoy her grandchildren.
As I was growning up I think that just being respectful and obeying my parents house rules made them happy.
Yes. I've spent my whole life doing things because I thought it would make my parents happy.
Uh, I've made myself miserable at times to make my parents happy. I've traveled a thousand miles during the holidays, basically taken time off from work to visit. I have other siblings that never go home to visit so I always feel like I have to keep them happy.
Only once have I put my foot down and did what I wanted and they made little remarks to make me feel guilty.
I went to an expensive Christian college and transferred to a less expensive state school to make my dad happy. (He always griped about money so I thought it would make him shut up.) I always wish I would have just stayed and finished out my years where I started.
Now that I have a family of my own, I don't try to please anyone but my husband and kids. I can't live my life trying to please my parents forever.
I have never felt pressure to make my parents happy. All they want is for me to love the Lord and take care of my family.
Pleasing my parents has been easy most of my life. I have a wonderful relationship with them and generally as long as I am doing my best and seeking the Father, they are pleased.
My parents are always proud of me.
I do have to see the other side though, I watch my husband try to make his father happy. (Both he and his brother do it.) Their dad NEVER says good job or I love you. They are both grown men and you can tell it still affects them. He's broken their spirits, and they NEVER feel good enough. It's so sad!
i didn't go to nursing school because my step father didn't think i could handle it. i have always wished i had gone.
My husband's father is dead, and I think he is still doing things to try to please him. I don't think his father ever made him feel "good enough".
I spent my entire teens and 20's to impress them and failed miserably.
Post a Comment