This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Do you know the details of what your spouse does at work? When he/she frets over getting ABNs together for the quarterly TPS reports, do you know what the heck they are talking about?
13 comments:
Anonymous
said...
i don't know what any of those things are. they are probably reports and goals meant to be met. i know exactly what my husband does. he loves his work and it seems like it is never ending, which i guess is only right.
I get the basics of what my husband does. But more often than not, I just react appropriately to what he is telling. Like if the whatever messed up, I understand that things went wrong and that caused him frustration. I don't really need to know what that particular thing does in order to be a good listener to him.
But there are times that I inquire about what things are, if the time is right.
My husband doesn't work in an office, he does more manual labor work! He works his tail off!! I have been really proud him and there is NO way I could do what he does, I wouldn't make it one day!
I know every detail of what my husband does at work and what all of the technical words mean. He works really hard and I try to give him all of my support.
I have no idea what my husband does. It's not for lack of trying. I do know his job title and I understand small parts of some projects. I do always actively listen and try to ask the right questions, but mostly I just make agreeable noises.
I have a pretty good understanding of what he does even if I couldn't actually do it myself. I think it's really important for me to try and understand that part of him, since he spends at least 8 hours a day doing it!
TPS reports - now that is funny!! OFFICE SPACE - if you haven't seen it, then you are really missing out.
I know basically what my husband does. The title itself (tax manager) is really straightforward, but I don't know every detail, nor would I understand all the terms/laws etc. It is way too complicated for me to figure out.
no and it drives me CRAZY. I will overhear him telling one of his friends on the phone something that hapened that I think is important and I can't understand why he didn't tell me! Also, being home with the kids all day hearing about ANYTHING is interesting and exciting to me. He just thinks it is boring work stuff and doesn't want to re-hash the day. I'll take any onfo I can get.
I understand a lot of what he does mostly because I am insatiably curious. At the same time, there are many aspects that go beyond my understanding. Other than his life changing acomplishments, what he really wants to talk about deal with interpersonal and not work related topics. We got so and so a pink hard drive, etc. Fortunately, that requires no tech knowledge.
I honestly have almost no idea what my husband does at work. My co-workers give me a hard time about it! I try to be interested and I need to be more supportive of his job but I think he works too hard (doing whatever he does)--as cheap labor...
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
13 comments:
i don't know what any of those things are. they are probably reports and goals meant to be met. i know exactly what my husband does. he loves his work and it seems like it is never ending, which i guess is only right.
I get the basics of what my husband does. But more often than not, I just react appropriately to what he is telling. Like if the whatever messed up, I understand that things went wrong and that caused him frustration. I don't really need to know what that particular thing does in order to be a good listener to him.
But there are times that I inquire about what things are, if the time is right.
Yes, I know the ins and outs of my man's job, and I support and believe in him through his troubles and triumphs. He is amazing!
I understand what he does on a daily basis and I am so glad that I don't have his job, just as he doesn't want mine. He is a wonderful provider.
My husband doesn't work in an office, he does more manual labor work! He works his tail off!! I have been really proud him and there is NO way I could do what he does, I wouldn't make it one day!
I know every detail of what my husband does at work and what all of the technical words mean. He works really hard and I try to give him all of my support.
I have no idea what my husband does. It's not for lack of trying. I do know his job title and I understand small parts of some projects.
I do always actively listen and try to ask the right questions, but mostly I just make agreeable noises.
I have a pretty good understanding of what he does even if I couldn't actually do it myself. I think it's really important for me to try and understand that part of him, since he spends at least 8 hours a day doing it!
TPS reports - now that is funny!! OFFICE SPACE - if you haven't seen it, then you are really missing out.
I know basically what my husband does. The title itself (tax manager) is really straightforward, but I don't know every detail, nor would I understand all the terms/laws etc. It is way too complicated for me to figure out.
no and it drives me CRAZY. I will overhear him telling one of his friends on the phone something that hapened that I think is important and I can't understand why he didn't tell me! Also, being home with the kids all day hearing about ANYTHING is interesting and exciting to me. He just thinks it is boring work stuff and doesn't want to re-hash the day. I'll take any onfo I can get.
I understand a lot of what he does mostly because I am insatiably curious. At the same time, there are many aspects that go beyond my understanding. Other than his life changing acomplishments, what he really wants to talk about deal with interpersonal and not work related topics. We got so and so a pink hard drive, etc. Fortunately, that requires no tech knowledge.
we work together...of course I know what he is up too.
I honestly have almost no idea what my husband does at work. My co-workers give me a hard time about it! I try to be interested and I need to be more supportive of his job but I think he works too hard (doing whatever he does)--as cheap labor...
Post a Comment