I can think of lots of times: hosting showers, premarital sex, commiting to go to birthday parties or other functions when we have too much going on...I am getting better at saying no though.
Buying my house. I like it and it's been fun to work on, but if I had known then what I know now I think I would have passed. I'm now thinking that nervous feeling in my gut was something telling me not to do this instead of just nerves about making such a huge commitment.
I wish I had said "yes" to my husband when he suggested I stay at home with our daughter. I let my selfishness and wanting to be a career woman get in the way. I am constantly reminded that life is short, and I hope that my daughter can forgive me when she is older.
I wish I had the courage to give up my good job in order to stay at home and work on the most important thing, my wonderful daughter. God has given me a second chance and I think I am wasting it by working.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
7 comments:
I wish I had not said yes to raising their kids if something happens to them. I hope nothing happens to them for several reasons now.
I can think of lots of times: hosting showers, premarital sex, commiting to go to birthday parties or other functions when we have too much going on...I am getting better at saying no though.
Buying my house. I like it and it's been fun to work on, but if I had known then what I know now I think I would have passed. I'm now thinking that nervous feeling in my gut was something telling me not to do this instead of just nerves about making such a huge commitment.
I wish had not said yes to choosing the church I attend. I felt like I was forced into it and now wish I was at another congregation.
The biggest one is when my now husband proposed to me. I am very happy with him now, but there was a time when I wished I had said no.
A lot of times I wish that I could tell my parents "no" more often. I generally feel pressured to please them.
I wish I had said "yes" to my husband when he suggested I stay at home with our daughter.
I let my selfishness and wanting to be a career woman get in the way.
I am constantly reminded that life is short, and I hope that my daughter can forgive me when she is older.
I wish I had the courage to give up my good job in order to stay at home and work on the most important thing, my wonderful daughter. God has given me a second chance and I think I am wasting it by working.
Post a Comment