This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Mercy Me
When as someone shown you mercy? How did you react to it?
When have you shown mercy? How did they react to it?
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I can think of one time in particular that I feel that I received mercy from my parents. They should have just beaten me for my behavior. Instead they calmly showed me how big I had messed up and let me figure it out. Their kindness was a much bigger lesson to me. For a while I felt like I got away with it, but soon realized that my actions were bigger than the punishment I expected. Grounding me would have clouded the issue.
No one answered the question because it is so hard to look back and see when someone did that. I can think of this one woman who bought me a sandwich from Jimmy John's while I was working on a newsletter for a missions team (6 or 7 months pregnant, mind you). Without her kindness I wouldn't have had lunch. I don't think that's mercy, though, but I didn't deserve her to do that for me...so maybe it was?
I did something that I feel really hurt the feelings of a very close friend. I unintentionally "chose" someone else over her who has not been as good to me as she has. I didn't do it to intentionally hurt her feelings, but none the less, I feel like I let her down. She never for one second tried to make me feel guilty about it, further proving why she is such a wonderful friend, I mean the kind you don't ever want to lose.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
5 comments:
I can think of one time in particular that I feel that I received mercy from my parents. They should have just beaten me for my behavior. Instead they calmly showed me how big I had messed up and let me figure it out. Their kindness was a much bigger lesson to me. For a while I felt like I got away with it, but soon realized that my actions were bigger than the punishment I expected. Grounding me would have clouded the issue.
Their mercy taught me a great deal that night.
Thanks, anonymous. I appreciate you answering this question when no one else did.
Sorry we left you out there alone.
No one answered the question because it is so hard to look back and see when someone did that. I can think of this one woman who bought me a sandwich from Jimmy John's while I was working on a newsletter for a missions team (6 or 7 months pregnant, mind you). Without her kindness I wouldn't have had lunch. I don't think that's mercy, though, but I didn't deserve her to do that for me...so maybe it was?
I did something that I feel really hurt the feelings of a very close friend. I unintentionally "chose" someone else over her who has not been as good to me as she has. I didn't do it to intentionally hurt her feelings, but none the less, I feel like I let her down. She never for one second tried to make me feel guilty about it, further proving why she is such a wonderful friend, I mean the kind you don't ever want to lose.
Post a Comment