I would hate to have a body that doesn't work and a mind that is completely aware of what was going on around me. I've had people close to me with ALS and people close to me that were no longer aware of their surroundings. It was much harder emotionally for the ones with ALS being aware of what was happening to them.
I think I would rather lose my mind before my body. I would hate to be completely trapped in a body and know about it. My mother-in-law has alzheimers and although it is sad to see her lose her mind at least she isn't suffering. She doesn't seem to have any idea what is happening.
Thanks to 9:57 for mentioning ALS...my uncle passed away almost three years ago after battling ALS for only ONE year! It was horrible to witness his deterioration...he would just look at you so hard and you could tell he was trying to talk to you. That had to be the most horrible thing for him.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
9 comments:
Useless body and fully functioning mind.
Definitely a Useless body and fully functioning mind. I would rather die than have a nonfunctioning body (complete vegetable).
No question, being trapped in a functioning body without my mind would be worse. I can live as long as I have my mind.
Functioning mind. Half the time now my body isn't functioning 100%
8:43...you STOLE my joke! ; )
Same.
I would hate to have a body that doesn't work and a mind that is completely aware of what was going on around me. I've had people close to me with ALS and people close to me that were no longer aware of their surroundings. It was much harder emotionally for the ones with ALS being aware of what was happening to them.
I think I would rather lose my mind before my body. I would hate to be completely trapped in a body and know about it. My mother-in-law has alzheimers and although it is sad to see her lose her mind at least she isn't suffering. She doesn't seem to have any idea what is happening.
Worse to have the mind that doesn't work.
There are lots of assistive technology advances to help with the body that doesn't work. There is no such A.T. for the mind.
Thanks to 9:57 for mentioning ALS...my uncle passed away almost three years ago after battling ALS for only ONE year! It was horrible to witness his deterioration...he would just look at you so hard and you could tell he was trying to talk to you. That had to be the most horrible thing for him.
Post a Comment