This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, March 9, 2009
In recent light of the OctoMom, No job, No money, No home.
Is it ok to have kids when you can't afford to care for them? Is love enough?
22 comments:
Anonymous
said...
NO! If you can't afford kids, don't have them. I think what she did is child neglect. There is no way that she can provide for and care for 14 kids. I feel so sorry for the kids.
I think that 14 kids is a little over-the-top for someone who can't afford them, but I think everyone should be able to experience the joy of parenthood at least once.
6:15 I agree with you 100%. If you can't afford kids, then you have no business having kids. Love is important, but so is having the ability to take them to the doctor and buy food/clothes.
I think her motives were wrong. In one of her interviews she talked as if having kids would help her "fix" herself and some of the unresolved issues of her childhood. SO, I think it wasn't right for her to have them, regardless of her financial situation.
I don't really think she understands why she really wanted to have these kids. I think psychologically, that she needed to feel loved and accepted. Kids will give that to you no matter what or who you are. No matter what you've done. Shes getting a pay off from these kids. Now I do feel bad for the kids but I think this woman needs to be talking to someone. Finding self validation through other routes.
I think it is irresponsible to intentionally have children you can't afford to take care of. But I see her situation on a whole other level than just having a baby when you don't have the money. She already had a large family that she had to put effort into actually having and then choose to do something very risky. She made some very poor choices from the very beginning. My heart actually breaks for these children. I have a hard time seeing how they will be able to grow up without having issues.
9:59, agree with you 100%. You took the words right off my keyboard.
Raised my children with faith and trust in God.Thank God we always had food on the table, clothes to wear, shoes on feet. May not have had latest and best of toys etc. or took trips to Disney but they are smart, happy and loved.
No kids till you can afford them! I know a lady trying for another one, and she can't afford diapers and food for the ones she has now! Makes me furious, she's constantly joking about how good my kids have it, well ya! Her kids come over and eat like crazy and cry when they have to leave. It breaks my heart that these parents Did Not make a responsible decision!!
We waited until our mortgage was a few payments ahead, cars were pd off and we had a good amount in the bank before we had kids. We even had all 3 kiddos before I was 30. But how many people actually Plan to have a child, most just give up protection and get knocked up. It's a life decision that needs to be taken a lot more seriously!
We all need to pray for those kids, that mom that God will bless her with a clear mind and that He will keep them all safe from harm, and fill them with His love. otherwise, she is in a deep dark hole, and she should have just bought a puppy!
I have begun to believe that it's pretty dangerous to judge others. Especially when the judgment is coming through the filter of the media.
Having said that I do think that if you are going to have kids you need to be responsible for them. That means making sure you can provide for their needs.
Ooops. I meant that she will answer for what she's done to herself and her kids, but that she doesn't have to answer to us -- not that she's not going to have to answer for what she has done to us.
Forget about OctoMom, more like Octo not a mom. Anyways...
Question is about whether to have kids when you can't afford them. My answer is NO! Plain as day!! Don't have them if you can't afford ALL the necessities they will need/want through out their lives!
I'm 8:42, and by necessities I mean, a warm coat in winter, decent shoes, food on the table! Things they will NEED! Things they will want may be a bday present or something like that. If you can not pay for food and you are relying on us (the taxpayers) for the majority of your needs, then absolutely NO Children for you!! If I'm paying for you to have food stamps, state insurance, etc than I'm telling you NO I don't want to pay for you to have another child for me to pay for! Poor (by means of dirt poor) people should not have children. I think God would agree! If you are on you computer and are dirt poor, your priorities are screwed up!
Maybe those "dirt poor" people with their prioties that you are willing to judge should not be allowed to attend school. You pay their kids' teachers' salaries with your tax dollars.
maybe they should not be allowed to drive on public roads, since they didn't pay for them.
No, what sucks is that my husband and I make good money. In fact, the more money we make, the more taxes they take out. All bc poor people don't pull their own weight! I am so sick of paying for poor people to sit at home w/o jobs and live off welfare and food stamps! In fact, poor people don't pay any taxes compared to the amount they're just handed!
Why do people feel the need to have children when they can't even provide for themselves! Go get a job or a better job at least, pull your weight, pay your own way and then you can voice your two cents!
As far as teachers go, I'm glad I can pay for something good for your children, probably the best thing you've ever done for your kids. At least they will get a warm meal and someone to watch over them.
At least I can sleep really good at night knowing that I can provide my kids a nice safe home. They don't have to worry if they will have food, clean clothes or decent shoes!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
22 comments:
NO! If you can't afford kids, don't have them. I think what she did is child neglect. There is no way that she can provide for and care for 14 kids. I feel so sorry for the kids.
I think that 14 kids is a little over-the-top for someone who can't afford them, but I think everyone should be able to experience the joy of parenthood at least once.
6:15 I agree with you 100%. If you can't afford kids, then you have no business having kids. Love is important, but so is having the ability to take them to the doctor and buy food/clothes.
NO WAY!
I think it depends on a person's definition of being able to afford children.
I think her motives were wrong. In one of her interviews she talked as if having kids would help her "fix" herself and some of the unresolved issues of her childhood. SO, I think it wasn't right for her to have them, regardless of her financial situation.
I don't really think she understands why she really wanted to have these kids. I think psychologically, that she needed to feel loved and accepted. Kids will give that to you no matter what or who you are. No matter what you've done. Shes getting a pay off from these kids. Now I do feel bad for the kids but I think this woman needs to be talking to someone. Finding self validation through other routes.
I think it is irresponsible to intentionally have children you can't afford to take care of. But I see her situation on a whole other level than just having a baby when you don't have the money. She already had a large family that she had to put effort into actually having and then choose to do something very risky. She made some very poor choices from the very beginning. My heart actually breaks for these children. I have a hard time seeing how they will be able to grow up without having issues.
Can you ever REALLY afford children? If we had waited until we thought we could afford children, we still wouldn't have any!
What is impossible with man is possible with God!
9:59, agree with you 100%. You took the words right off my keyboard.
Raised my children with faith and trust in God.Thank God we always had food on the table, clothes to wear, shoes on feet. May not have had latest and best of toys etc. or took trips to Disney but they are smart, happy and loved.
No kids till you can afford them! I know a lady trying for another one, and she can't afford diapers and food for the ones she has now! Makes me furious, she's constantly joking about how good my kids have it, well ya! Her kids come over and eat like crazy and cry when they have to leave. It breaks my heart that these parents Did Not make a responsible decision!!
We waited until our mortgage was a few payments ahead, cars were pd off and we had a good amount in the bank before we had kids. We even had all 3 kiddos before I was 30. But how many people actually Plan to have a child, most just give up protection and get knocked up. It's a life decision that needs to be taken a lot more seriously!
We all need to pray for those kids, that mom that God will bless her with a clear mind and that He will keep them all safe from harm, and fill them with His love. otherwise, she is in a deep dark hole, and she should have just bought a puppy!
I have begun to believe that it's pretty dangerous to judge others. Especially when the judgment is coming through the filter of the media.
Having said that I do think that if you are going to have kids you need to be responsible for them. That means making sure you can provide for their needs.
Copy and paste the link to find out why people shouldn't wait until they can afford to have children. There's a whole movie about it!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1597642154209383351
Leave her alone. She will answer for what she's done to herself and her children, but not to us. We should stay out of it.
Ooops. I meant that she will answer for what she's done to herself and her kids, but that she doesn't have to answer to us -- not that she's not going to have to answer for what she has done to us.
Forget about OctoMom, more like Octo not a mom. Anyways...
Question is about whether to have kids when you can't afford them. My answer is NO! Plain as day!! Don't have them if you can't afford ALL the necessities they will need/want through out their lives!
8:42, That is ridiculous, who on earth can afford EVERYTHING that a child will want throughout their lives?? No one would have kids!
So poor people have no business having kids?
Judging, judging, judging.
What do we really value?
Do you think God despises people (as YOU do) who have kids but can't "afford" it??!!! I am serious. What do you think about God's view?
I'm 8:42, and by necessities I mean, a warm coat in winter, decent shoes, food on the table! Things they will NEED! Things they will want may be a bday present or something like that. If you can not pay for food and you are relying on us (the taxpayers) for the majority of your needs, then absolutely NO Children for you!! If I'm paying for you to have food stamps, state insurance, etc than I'm telling you NO I don't want to pay for you to have another child for me to pay for! Poor (by means of dirt poor) people should not have children. I think God would agree! If you are on you computer and are dirt poor, your priorities are screwed up!
8:42, good luck with that.
Maybe those "dirt poor" people with their prioties that you are willing to judge should not be allowed to attend school. You pay their kids' teachers' salaries with your tax dollars.
maybe they should not be allowed to drive on public roads, since they didn't pay for them.
Mean people suck, you guys.
No, what sucks is that my husband and I make good money. In fact, the more money we make, the more taxes they take out. All bc poor people don't pull their own weight! I am so sick of paying for poor people to sit at home w/o jobs and live off welfare and food stamps! In fact, poor people don't pay any taxes compared to the amount they're just handed!
Why do people feel the need to have children when they can't even provide for themselves! Go get a job or a better job at least, pull your weight, pay your own way and then you can voice your two cents!
As far as teachers go, I'm glad I can pay for something good for your children, probably the best thing you've ever done for your kids. At least they will get a warm meal and someone to watch over them.
At least I can sleep really good at night knowing that I can provide my kids a nice safe home. They don't have to worry if they will have food, clean clothes or decent shoes!
Post a Comment