Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's Worse Wednesday

What's worse, to be constantly depressed or constantly afraid?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Constantly Afraid. I have major anxiety issues, going as far as sleeping under the bed when I'm home alone, hiding in the closet during storms and even hallucinating bc I'll go days w/o sleep! I always feel like someone is watching me. I would rather be depressed and get some medicine.

Anonymous said...

Neither one are great, but I would go with constantly afraid. It's the worse when you are afraid.

Anonymous said...

I've dealt with depression and I had a short period of time in my life where I was subject to anxiety attacks.

I'd take depression over fear.

Anonymous said...

Either one would not be good but for me, I think constantly depressed would be the worst.

Anonymous said...

I have experiences with both. Both are horrible. I take medication for depression and when I am afraid I repent constantly -"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". It really helps me get through it. There are medications for anxiety issues also. #1 post should check into that.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid of being depressed!!

That CAN'T be good.

Anonymous said...

I would say afraid would be worse. I always think how horrible it would be if you were rapped. I would think you would always be afraid of that happening again. It would freak me out.

Anonymous said...

I think often they go hand in hand. Constant anxiety that can not be escaped leads to that sense of hoplessness that breeds depression. To live in constant fear of the next time you will be hurt paralyzes you. To have your days melt away in tears and staring does the same. Still, to choose, tears are easier to explain away than fleeing the building for no apparant reason. Trust me. I have experience on this one.