This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Reader Rally
The first one here leave a question in the comment section. The rest of us will answer YOUR question. Just keep in mind the goal of this blog. Make people think and be honest with themselves. I look forward to seeing what you are curious about.
27 comments:
Anonymous
said...
For those that voted for President Obama, are you regretting it now? For everyone else, what do you think of the job he is doing?
My only regret is that he hasn't been in office two months and the naysayers are demending his head. It's going to take a little while for the Obama chemo to cure the Bush cancer.
I do think that it is scary ironic that the RNC has imploded to the degree that it has. Rush Limbaugh leading the conservative party? Bring out the Brown Shirts, Il Duce lives!
lavish government spending is not going to fix anything. i think he is trying to do what he thinks is right, but we need less big government, and more moral backbone. the corruption is what has hurt us so much not clinton bush or obama.
I love how EVERYONE blames Bush for CLINTON'S disaster. The housing crisis was created by Clinton, not Bush. The credit problem...is a result of Clinton's beliefs that everyone should own a home. Everyone who works and can save money to afford a home should own a home! I think that Obama is putting us in a hole that will take us decades to get out of. Unfortunately, I think he is doing what he feels is right for the country, and I respect that - but even in the 45 days of his office the consumer confidence and Wall Street continue to react negatively. There are more people out there that do not believe his policies are going to work.
No I don't regret my vote for Obama. I am happy to see some action out of Washington even if I don't agree with all of it. Plus, it is so early in his presidency...
I didn't vote for him but I think it might be too early to judge. However, I wish he'd stop trying to bail everyone out. PLEASE, just let these companies fix their own mistake.
Amen to 8:04--Clinton is the one who set the economic downfall into place and poor Bush gets the blame. I really feel sorry for Georege W. I think he is a good man who will be remembered in a bad light. As for Obama, I am trying to stay positive. I didn't vote for him.
I hate that the media leaves him alone and doesn't hammer him for every little thing. He smokes, has a beer at a basketball game....they would have RAKED BUSH OVER THE COALS FOR THAT!
He's only been in office a couple of DAYS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office a couple of WEEKS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office a couple of MONTHS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office for ONE YEARS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office a couple of YEARS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office for ONE TERM, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
We need to be honest with what's happening and not keep making excuses for him!
That being said, I am VERY HAPPY that he did not follow through yet on his "the first thing I'll do when I get into office is sign the Freedom of Choice Act".
I am also VERY HAPPY that he broke his promise to drop "Don't Ask Don't Tell." immediately (Though I predict it will happen eventually)
I think he's doing the best he can with the situation he was left with. Of course things are worse, that's what happens in a recession. Oh and by the way Laura Bush smoked the entire time her husband was in office. And the media didn't hammer her. What a silly think to harp on.
Didn't vote for him because of lack of experience. I am sick of hearing about what he has inherited. Excuse me, he knew what he was inheriting and wanted it badly. Much soon to tell, but I agree - stop with the handouts.
The funny thing is, the housing/mortgage crisis now was actually caused by the Clinton administration. The laws they passed and the laws they neglected to pass are what are starting to hit us now.
I didn't vote for him, and I don't have confidence in the job he's doing so far....but he hasn't been in office very long. We'll have to see.
Unfortunately, Wall Street doesn't seem to have confidence in things that are being done with the economy. I am scared for our economy, and I'm scared about where the United States is headed. I need to keep reminding myself that GOD is in control.
I know he has only been in for a few months, but has already proven himself a horrible President. I hope this is setting up for a fiscally and socially conservative person to be in place in 4 years.
I voted for McCain, but I do not think that Huckabee's 23% flat tax plan was fair at all. It might be fair for the very wealthy, but not the middle class and poor.
Think about it ------- right now the more kids you have, the less taxes you pay.
With the 23% flat tax the more kids you have the MORE taxes you pay because the more diapers, food, clothes, etc you'll buy.
Also 23% on taxes is ALOT. My dh earns about 48,000 a year. We only had to pay about $600 ish on fed taxes this year.
BUT If we were following Huckabee's flat tax --- lets say we spent $40,000 of his salary per year. 23% of $40,000 is.......... $9200!!!!!!!!!
Um, I'd take having to pay $600 over $9200 anyday! :)
So, no, the fair tax is anything but fair!
Also, I think people would just secretly buy things overseas so they wouldn't have to pay the 23% tax.
Also, it would put alot of IRS WORKERS out of a job!!!!!!!! (and accountants too!)
Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.
But if Huckabee had run against Obama....... I guess I would have voted for Huckabee..........
I'll admit Jindal sounded like he was reading a kids book in the republican response, but if you look him up on Youtube, you will see lots of interviews, etc. with him and he doesn't seem to be talking like a kid at all.
I hate politics, and media coverage of politics, for one main reason... People don't seem to agree on anything.
America needs to find some political middle ground, some tried-and-true political theories that will be good for America.
As long as there are such deep divisions in the government, I don't believe America will be strong.
There will always be people who believe Obama is a horrible president, and some who believe he's wonderful. But why can't we try putting those opinions aside for the greater good? Isn't that similar to what Christ called us to do? To die to self?
I voted for him and I don't regret it. I hasn't even been two months. It's taken eight years to get us to this point it will probably take eight more or longer to fix things.
People will never be completely happy with the President because the President will never be perfect.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
27 comments:
For those that voted for President Obama, are you regretting it now? For everyone else, what do you think of the job he is doing?
My only regret is that he hasn't been in office two months and the naysayers are demending his head. It's going to take a little while for the Obama chemo to cure the Bush cancer.
I do think that it is scary ironic that the RNC has imploded to the degree that it has. Rush Limbaugh leading the conservative party? Bring out the Brown Shirts, Il Duce lives!
He's only been in office a couple of months, I think it's too soon to make any judgements.
I think it is WAY WORSE now that it was 1 year ago. So go figure!
lavish government spending is not going to fix anything. i think he is trying to do what he thinks is right, but we need less big government, and more moral backbone. the corruption is what has hurt us so much not clinton bush or obama.
I love how EVERYONE blames Bush for CLINTON'S disaster. The housing crisis was created by Clinton, not Bush. The credit problem...is a result of Clinton's beliefs that everyone should own a home. Everyone who works and can save money to afford a home should own a home! I think that Obama is putting us in a hole that will take us decades to get out of. Unfortunately, I think he is doing what he feels is right for the country, and I respect that - but even in the 45 days of his office the consumer confidence and Wall Street continue to react negatively. There are more people out there that do not believe his policies are going to work.
No I don't regret my vote for Obama. I am happy to see some action out of Washington even if I don't agree with all of it. Plus, it is so early in his presidency...
I didn't vote for him but I think it might be too early to judge. However, I wish he'd stop trying to bail everyone out. PLEASE, just let these companies fix their own mistake.
Amen to 8:04--Clinton is the one who set the economic downfall into place and poor Bush gets the blame. I really feel sorry for Georege W. I think he is a good man who will be remembered in a bad light. As for Obama, I am trying to stay positive. I didn't vote for him.
I hate that the media leaves him alone and doesn't hammer him for every little thing. He smokes, has a beer at a basketball game....they would have RAKED BUSH OVER THE COALS FOR THAT!
Didn't vote for him.
He's only been in office a couple of DAYS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office a couple of WEEKS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office a couple of MONTHS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office for ONE YEARS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office a couple of YEARS, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
He's only been in office for ONE TERM, I think it's too soon to make any judgments.
We need to be honest with what's happening and not keep making excuses for him!
That being said, I am VERY HAPPY that he did not follow through yet on his "the first thing I'll do when I get into office is sign the Freedom of Choice Act".
I am also VERY HAPPY that he broke his promise to drop "Don't Ask Don't Tell." immediately (Though I predict it will happen eventually)
I think he's doing the best he can with the situation he was left with. Of course things are worse, that's what happens in a recession. Oh and by the way Laura Bush smoked the entire time her husband was in office. And the media didn't hammer her. What a silly think to harp on.
Didn't vote for him because of lack of experience. I am sick of hearing about what he has inherited. Excuse me, he knew what he was inheriting and wanted it badly. Much soon to tell, but I agree - stop with the handouts.
The funny thing is, the housing/mortgage crisis now was actually caused by the Clinton administration. The laws they passed and the laws they neglected to pass are what are starting to hit us now.
"I don't think he will sign the Freedpm of Choice Act because of thimgss like this:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/religion/story/E6E47067257DB95E862575710014DD57?OpenDocument
I didn't vote for him, and I don't have confidence in the job he's doing so far....but he hasn't been in office very long. We'll have to see.
Unfortunately, Wall Street doesn't seem to have confidence in things that are being done with the economy. I am scared for our economy, and I'm scared about where the United States is headed. I need to keep reminding myself that GOD is in control.
I know he has only been in for a few months, but has already proven himself a horrible President. I hope this is setting up for a fiscally and socially conservative person to be in place in 4 years.
Well, the RNC is going to have to keep looking if they want someone powerful to go up against Obama.
Sarah Palin is a laughing stock, and Bobby Jindal, though intriguing, speaks like he is reading children's books.
http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000009533.cfm
Go check out this link about the Red Envelope to mail to President Obama concerning abortion.
What about Huckabee? He is favor of the fair tax which I like.
I voted for McCain, but I do not think that Huckabee's 23% flat tax plan was fair at all. It might be fair for the very wealthy, but not the middle class and poor.
Think about it ------- right now the more kids you have, the less taxes you pay.
With the 23% flat tax the more kids you have the MORE taxes you pay because the more diapers, food, clothes, etc you'll buy.
Also 23% on taxes is ALOT. My dh earns about 48,000 a year. We only had to pay about $600 ish on fed taxes this year.
BUT If we were following Huckabee's flat tax --- lets say we spent $40,000 of his salary per year. 23% of $40,000 is.......... $9200!!!!!!!!!
Um, I'd take having to pay $600 over $9200 anyday! :)
So, no, the fair tax is anything but fair!
Also, I think people would just secretly buy things overseas so they wouldn't have to pay the 23% tax.
Also, it would put alot of IRS WORKERS out of a job!!!!!!!! (and accountants too!)
Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.
But if Huckabee had run against Obama....... I guess I would have voted for Huckabee..........
I don't like Obama, but I do have to admit I feel kind of sorry and embarassed for him after reading this:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/06/obamas-blockbuster-gift-brown-dvds/
I'll admit Jindal sounded like he was reading a kids book in the republican response, but if you look him up on Youtube, you will see lots of interviews, etc. with him and he doesn't seem to be talking like a kid at all.
1:44 go to fairtax.org and read more about it. Some of your points aren't accurate.
oops - thanks
I hate politics, and media coverage of politics, for one main reason... People don't seem to agree on anything.
America needs to find some political middle ground, some tried-and-true political theories that will be good for America.
As long as there are such deep divisions in the government, I don't believe America will be strong.
There will always be people who believe Obama is a horrible president, and some who believe he's wonderful. But why can't we try putting those opinions aside for the greater good? Isn't that similar to what Christ called us to do? To die to self?
I voted for him and I don't regret it. I hasn't even been two months. It's taken eight years to get us to this point it will probably take eight more or longer to fix things.
People will never be completely happy with the President because the President will never be perfect.
Post a Comment