This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
What's the worst lie you've ever told? (submitted)
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Well, this isn't something horrific, and didn't hurt anyone. When I was in high school my boyfriend and I were "home alone" and my dad came home. He didn't catch us in the act, we were both in different parts of the house when my dad finally got the door open. I told him that we had just gotten done swimming and were "changing clothes." That boyfriend is now my husband, but my dad would have killed him if I had told the truth that day.
I know I've told some really awful ones in my past, but thankfully I don't remember the details...only the feeling of knowing that I did something I am ashamed of. It allows me to learn from my mistakes, but not dwell on the details.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
7 comments:
Well, this isn't something horrific, and didn't hurt anyone. When I was in high school my boyfriend and I were "home alone" and my dad came home. He didn't catch us in the act, we were both in different parts of the house when my dad finally got the door open. I told him that we had just gotten done swimming and were "changing clothes." That boyfriend is now my husband, but my dad would have killed him if I had told the truth that day.
He asked if I have cheated on him.
I said, no.
My weight.
I lied to my parents about premarital sex.
Same here... he asked if I cheated and I sain no.
my whole life is a lie.
I know I've told some really awful ones in my past, but thankfully I don't remember the details...only the feeling of knowing that I did something I am ashamed of. It allows me to learn from my mistakes, but not dwell on the details.
Post a Comment