Friday, December 26, 2008

Reader Rally

The first one here leave a question in the comment section. The rest of us will answer YOUR question. Just keep in mind the goal of this blog. Make people think and be honest with themselves. I look forward to seeing what you are curious about.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think your family really got the true spirit of Chrismas this year or was it more about materialism?

Anonymous said...

I felt almost sick when I left my family. We just had all this stuff that we didn't really need.

Anonymous said...

I think both. We received way too many things; stuff that we did not need at all. However, this was a time for all of my family to gather together and spend time with each other.

I think part of Christmas is being with people you love, and my family did do that this Christmas. Sometimes I wish we could leave the presents out of the holiday, and focus on the family part.

Anonymous said...

there is a movement to do that. it is called the advent conspiracy. google it sometime they have an interesting concept.

my christmas was the same as yours, way too much stuff, but blessed with family.

Anonymous said...

We also had way too much stuff, but abundant blessings of being with family.

I'm thrilled to say it took my children a good length of time to open their presents. Not so much because of the quantity (oh, there were plenty!), but because they took time to enjoy each one.

I think we need to work to teach our children why we do what we do.

Anonymous said...

A little bit of both. It's hard to tell a bunch of kids 2 and younger about the true meaning of Christmas.

Anonymous said...

absolutely, we are out of a job and only got 1 present a piece and then what Santa brought our child. Our christmas was all about understanding the gift we received with the Savior's birth and cherishing the family time we enjoyed.