This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Who got your vote? Who will win today?
48 comments:
Anonymous
said...
McCain is getting my vote!! I think Obama is probably going to win, but I am voting for McCain. Obama is much too liberal for me, and I am scared of the fact that he may get to nominate some Supreme Court justices.
I am also voting for McCain, but I think Obama is going to win.
I don't think Obama is qualified and he is very controversial. There have already been 2 failed assisination attempts when he was campaigning in Denver and I think we will see more of it.
This is the first time I have seen so much of the US care about politics. It is a very interesting time.
McCain got my vote. I think that Obama is going to win. I am very AFRAID of some of his ideas. I am also afraid for his safety. Even in 2008 there are people who will not except this man. America may never be the same and I don't mean this in a good way.
McCain. I am pretty sure Obama will win...lots of people are influenced by celebreties, and that's all I hear on tv--OBAMA. I think McCain is the better candidate for our country. But, God is good, and He will be with us all the way.
By reading these comments I'm getting the opinion that people believe God is on McCain's side? What happens if Obama wins? If you say "God will pick the winner" and Obama wins does that mean He's a democrat?
Does God pick the winner? Didn't He give us free will?
Shouldn't WE pick the one we think is best for our country and follow closely to HIS will. And won't HE work through or around the person (can't say man anymore) voted as our leader?
God will work through or around the person elected....but that's not to say that He's not disappointed in our choices sometimes. God knows who is going to be president, but He still gives us that choice. Obama is not going to help the moral situation in this country, or he'll make it worse. I'm scared of where are country is headed morally.
I believe Obama will win. And I don't think he will win because of the prevalence of the media. I think he will win because he is the more desirable candidate. I don't own a Bible that says that Christians have to vote Republican. And I certainly don't believe that McCain will be a moral leader for this country. America doesn't need help to stay on the fast track to hell--it seems we're doing fine regardless of who the President is. Jesus called us to be IN the world, not OF it. Even if we don't see eye to eye with the person who is President. After all, when was the last time there was a candidate like that?
I meant amen to #20, and I vote for lots of other issues not just the abortion issue. The president can't stop abortion.....Bush has had 8 years and it hasn't happened so what makes you think it will now?
I am tired of the "being Christian doesn't mean you have to vote Republican" argument. Yes, that's true! BUT, being a Christian means that you should think certain issues are more important than others. And I don't really understand how Christians can vote for a man who is so liberal and also pro-choice.
Even if Bush hasn't "stopped" abortion, at least he didn't support it or nominate liberal supreme court justices. I agree with #21 - why would you vote for someone who thinks killing babies is okay??
If you think Bush hasn't supported abortion at all see titles X and XIX. He signed them himself.
President Bush is funding the nation's largest perpetrators of child-murder-by-abortion, Planned Parenthood (report murdering over 200,000 unborn children annually by surgical abortion alone), through both Medicaid (Title XIX) and Title X, with OVER $50 MILLION per year through each program.
Man, this is the best two we've got to choose from. Good grief! I voted for the lesser of the two evils, but was really pulling for Ron Paul to make it. I guess he didn't have enough $$$
I can't stand before God and tell him that I voted/sowed a seed for abortion or gay marriage both are completely against His word. I will not vote or go against the word.
Why are all you McCain voters saying you voted for McCain then making an excuse that Obama will win? Are you not confident in your presidential choice? Also, no matter who wins why are you already tearing them down? Where does respect come in? Both these candidates may not be your "favorite" person on earth, but they have been called to lead our nation. Both are well educated men with decent vice-presidential candidates.
As "christians" how are we (you and me) setting an example by tearing down our next president when one hasn't been announced yet. What attitude are you showing to others. Neither guy has officially stepped foot into the presidential office...let their actions determine how great of a president they will be...not their campaign trail as of recent.
Lastly, abortion is legal currently. Just because McCain may step in doesn't mean it will become illegal when he's in office. Whomever will be appointed to the Supreme Court will have issues you don't agree with. Look at your congregation and those that serve in the eldership. Your deacons and elders. They have been called to lead your church, but do you agree on every issue with them? No, you do not. However, you trust they will help your congregation grow and follow in the call of our Lord.
Your Supreme Court will help lead this nation to a better place under the guidance of the next president. They are here to help you maintain your freedom and libery (in a sense). Find us one GREAT LEADER with whom you agree with them 100% (not including Jesus or God). Stop finding fault in your fellow brothers and sisters and instead pray for where our nation is headed.
We are celebrating an important day. Not only do you have the freedom to vote for the next US President, but you also are experiencing history today. If you are afraid of where this nation is headed then get off your comfortable couch and get involved in your local politics. Take a leadership role and help lead us down a path of greatness. Or, continue to sit and gripe about our nation and our next president. But before you do, drop a thank you letter to a vetern for their hard work. Because of them, you can stay comfortable and enjoy your freedoms.
Lots of talk about killing babies. (which Obama is NOT in favor of - if you hear him, he says he is pro-choice and would like to reduce teenage and unwanted pregnancies)
What about killing adults and children. Or do non-American's not count?
Christians have claimed "republican values" like abortion and gay marriage, but ignored other Christian values -- stewardship of our environment, for example, and more importantly, poverty. The Bible speaks about our attention to the poor thousands (yes, literally, thousands) more times than it does gay marriage. We need to call both parties into account for addressing poverty, but currently, the Democratic party is paying more attention to the needs of the poor and oppressed.
And which candidate showed more Christian behavior in the last several months? Not the one who promoted fear and hatred and her - I mean their - rallies.
In response to #37--The Bible calls individuals to help those in need....NOT the governement. We should not be forced to give from our hard earned dollar those who WON'T help themselves. Christians should choose who they want to help and how they want to help them, but government should not interfer with that!
"Christians should choose who they want to help and how they want to help them, but government should not interfer with that!"
Wow. Really? How well did the priest and Levite do when they were left to their own choices and passed by the man the Samaritan helped?
We should embrace opportunities to help all people. If government seems wasteful, get involved to help eliminate waste. Don't eliminate help to the helpless.
I am glad I don't have to measure up to a standard of worthiness to receive the charity of God's grace.
God will judge the priest and the Levite (who are not government so that is a weird argument in itself), and he will judge me on my stewardship and charity. So you think governmnet should step in and take our money to give to the poor and that is the way God would want it? I just think He would want us as individuals to share...and who would we "choose to share with" probably those we come in contact with. Why am I forced to give more to the govenment leaving me less to share with those I meet along the road?
Because the majority of people wouldn't give to people they meet along the road and government is for the majority. Christians were taxed much more heavily in the NT than we are today (percentage wise) and God still commended them to give to Caesar what was Caesar's and to God what was God.
Voted for Obama. Why would we choose the same kind of government we've had for the last 8 years? If we doing what we've done, we'll get what we've already got.
I personally don't think the president has all that much power. The last 8 years weren't the greatest because of a war along with the economy is always going up and down. That occurs whoever the president is. The president has to rely on many different people and hear what they have to say and he goes by that. If they make a mistake, the president may make a decision that ends up not being productive but is that his fault? There is no way the president can't fix everything on his own nor do everything on his own. Yet everything comes back to him. Every problem is blamed on him and if things are going good, he is looked at as being an amazing president.
I don't find it inappropriate to say you voted for someone, but don't feel they will win. I voted McCain but fear he won't win. I am not confident! I think Obama is good with words and good looking! I know God will work through any situation. He lets us choose but he can make a bad situation good. He can also let a bad situation occur if it can bring good later on. So I know everything will work out in the end!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
48 comments:
McCain is getting my vote!! I think Obama is probably going to win, but I am voting for McCain. Obama is much too liberal for me, and I am scared of the fact that he may get to nominate some Supreme Court justices.
Obama
I am also voting for McCain, but I think Obama is going to win.
I don't think Obama is qualified and he is very controversial. There have already been 2 failed assisination attempts when he was campaigning in Denver and I think we will see more of it.
This is the first time I have seen so much of the US care about politics. It is a very interesting time.
McCain got my vote.
I think that Obama is going to win. I am very AFRAID of some of his ideas. I am also afraid for his safety. Even in 2008 there are people who will not except this man.
America may never be the same and I don't mean this in a good way.
I voted for Obama and I think he is going to win.
Obama
mccain, but remeber, whoever wins God is in control
Proudly voted for McCain. Would have stood in line all day but only a hour.
If you listen to TV then Obama will win.
McCain got my vote!!
McCain got our vote and God will pick the winner!!
Suprised at todays question. Not!
Voting for McCain.
Got to even this out a bit - Obama.
McCain. I am pretty sure Obama will win...lots of people are influenced by celebreties, and that's all I hear on tv--OBAMA. I think McCain is the better candidate for our country. But, God is good, and He will be with us all the way.
By reading these comments I'm getting the opinion that people believe God is on McCain's side? What happens if Obama wins? If you say "God will pick the winner" and Obama wins does that mean He's a democrat?
McCain got my vote.
I am sure God watches and thinks how this world would be different if as many people cared about HIM as they do about these elections.
Does God pick the winner?
Didn't He give us free will?
Shouldn't WE pick the one we think is best for our country and follow closely to HIS will. And won't HE work through or around the person (can't say man anymore) voted as our leader?
God will work through or around the person elected....but that's not to say that He's not disappointed in our choices sometimes. God knows who is going to be president, but He still gives us that choice.
Obama is not going to help the moral situation in this country, or he'll make it worse. I'm scared of where are country is headed morally.
ugggghhh! I'm so annoyed that I had a typo in my last comment -- should say "our" country not "are".
McCain!!!
I believe Obama will win. And I don't think he will win because of the prevalence of the media. I think he will win because he is the more desirable candidate. I don't own a Bible that says that Christians have to vote Republican. And I certainly don't believe that McCain will be a moral leader for this country. America doesn't need help to stay on the fast track to hell--it seems we're doing fine regardless of who the President is. Jesus called us to be IN the world, not OF it. Even if we don't see eye to eye with the person who is President. After all, when was the last time there was a candidate like that?
Why would you vote for someone who believes that killing babies is ok?!?!?
McCain is our man!
Amen! Good answer!
I meant amen to #20, and I vote for lots of other issues not just the abortion issue. The president can't stop abortion.....Bush has had 8 years and it hasn't happened so what makes you think it will now?
I am tired of the "being Christian doesn't mean you have to vote Republican" argument. Yes, that's true! BUT, being a Christian means that you should think certain issues are more important than others. And I don't really understand how Christians can vote for a man who is so liberal and also pro-choice.
Even if Bush hasn't "stopped" abortion, at least he didn't support it or nominate liberal supreme court justices. I agree with #21 - why would you vote for someone who thinks killing babies is okay??
Wow.. I can't believe some of these posts.
First, I want to say no matter who wins God will be in control. And I don't think God is a Republican or a Democrat. He's God, that's what matters.
I'm voting for McCain, although I do think Obama will win because of how the electoral votes work.
I think either one will do just fine. And in four years people are going to hate whoever wins even if he is a great president.
Is God in control of people that want let him be in control?
If you think Bush hasn't supported abortion at all see titles X and XIX. He signed them himself.
President Bush is funding the nation's largest perpetrators of child-murder-by-abortion, Planned Parenthood (report murdering over 200,000 unborn children annually by surgical abortion alone), through both Medicaid (Title XIX) and Title X, with OVER $50 MILLION per year through each program.
Man, this is the best two we've got to choose from. Good grief! I voted for the lesser of the two evils, but was really pulling for Ron Paul to make it. I guess he didn't have enough $$$
I can't stand before God and tell him that I voted/sowed a seed for abortion or gay marriage both are completely against His word. I will not vote or go against the word.
i wanted huckabee!
Why are all you McCain voters saying you voted for McCain then making an excuse that Obama will win? Are you not confident in your presidential choice? Also, no matter who wins why are you already tearing them down? Where does respect come in? Both these candidates may not be your "favorite" person on earth, but they have been called to lead our nation. Both are well educated men with decent vice-presidential candidates.
As "christians" how are we (you and me) setting an example by tearing down our next president when one hasn't been announced yet. What attitude are you showing to others. Neither guy has officially stepped foot into the presidential office...let their actions determine how great of a president they will be...not their campaign trail as of recent.
Lastly, abortion is legal currently. Just because McCain may step in doesn't mean it will become illegal when he's in office. Whomever will be appointed to the Supreme Court will have issues you don't agree with. Look at your congregation and those that serve in the eldership. Your deacons and elders. They have been called to lead your church, but do you agree on every issue with them? No, you do not. However, you trust they will help your congregation grow and follow in the call of our Lord.
Your Supreme Court will help lead this nation to a better place under the guidance of the next president. They are here to help you maintain your freedom and libery (in a sense). Find us one GREAT LEADER with whom you agree with them 100% (not including Jesus or God). Stop finding fault in your fellow brothers and sisters and instead pray for where our nation is headed.
We are celebrating an important day. Not only do you have the freedom to vote for the next US President, but you also are experiencing history today. If you are afraid of where this nation is headed then get off your comfortable couch and get involved in your local politics. Take a leadership role and help lead us down a path of greatness. Or, continue to sit and gripe about our nation and our next president. But before you do, drop a thank you letter to a vetern for their hard work. Because of them, you can stay comfortable and enjoy your freedoms.
Thank you for voting today.
I wanted Hilary.
So you think Obama may be assassinated? In that case did you base your vote on the Vice-Presidential candidates?
Lots of talk about killing babies. (which Obama is NOT in favor of - if you hear him, he says he is pro-choice and would like to reduce teenage and unwanted pregnancies)
What about killing adults and children. Or do non-American's not count?
I voted for Obama. It feels good to have picked a winner for once in the new millenium.
I look forward to having a president who 1)can pronounce "nuclear," and 2)doesn't snicker on camera.
Hopefully, Obama's administration will restore America's standing in the world as a respectable nation.
Christians have claimed "republican values" like abortion and gay marriage, but ignored other Christian values -- stewardship of our environment, for example, and more importantly, poverty. The Bible speaks about our attention to the poor thousands (yes, literally, thousands) more times than it does gay marriage. We need to call both parties into account for addressing poverty, but currently, the Democratic party is paying more attention to the needs of the poor and oppressed.
AMEN!!!!!!
And which candidate showed more Christian behavior in the last several months? Not the one who promoted fear and hatred and her - I mean their - rallies.
I just hope these next four years we can all just get along. Both parties, for the greater good.
blah blah blah
In response to #37--The Bible calls individuals to help those in need....NOT the governement. We should not be forced to give from our hard earned dollar those who WON'T help themselves. Christians should choose who they want to help and how they want to help them, but government should not interfer with that!
"Christians should choose who they want to help and how they want to help them, but government should not interfer with that!"
Wow. Really? How well did the priest and Levite do when they were left to their own choices and passed by the man the Samaritan helped?
We should embrace opportunities to help all people. If government seems wasteful, get involved to help eliminate waste. Don't eliminate help to the helpless.
I am glad I don't have to measure up to a standard of worthiness to receive the charity of God's grace.
I am thankful that Sarah Palin can now fade into the background. That was a close one.
God will judge the priest and the Levite (who are not government so that is a weird argument in itself), and he will judge me on my stewardship and charity. So you think governmnet should step in and take our money to give to the poor and that is the way God would want it? I just think He would want us as individuals to share...and who would we "choose to share with" probably those we come in contact with. Why am I forced to give more to the govenment leaving me less to share with those I meet along the road?
Because the majority of people wouldn't give to people they meet along the road and government is for the majority. Christians were taxed much more heavily in the NT than we are today (percentage wise) and God still commended them to give to Caesar what was Caesar's and to God what was God.
commanded not commended
Voted for Obama. Why would we choose the same kind of government we've had for the last 8 years? If we doing what we've done, we'll get what we've already got.
I personally don't think the president has all that much power. The last 8 years weren't the greatest because of a war along with the economy is always going up and down. That occurs whoever the president is. The president has to rely on many different people and hear what they have to say and he goes by that. If they make a mistake, the president may make a decision that ends up not being productive but is that his fault? There is no way the president can't fix everything on his own nor do everything on his own. Yet everything comes back to him. Every problem is blamed on him and if things are going good, he is looked at as being an amazing president.
I don't find it inappropriate to say you voted for someone, but don't feel they will win. I voted McCain but fear he won't win. I am not confident! I think Obama is good with words and good looking! I know God will work through any situation. He lets us choose but he can make a bad situation good. He can also let a bad situation occur if it can bring good later on. So I know everything will work out in the end!
Post a Comment