Monday, November 17, 2008

  • If you had it to do over again, would you have had children? More children? Less children? (submitted, Thanks!)
  • 19 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I think we would like to add one more child. We are not 100% sure, but we know God would provide.

    I know God knew what He was doing when he gave us our son first. If our daughter had been first she may have been IT! Maybe she is the reason that we can not decide for sure if we want to have another.

    But, after the sex life post...we will see.

    Anonymous said...

    We have two and we are done.

    If we were independently wealthy I would have more. BUT I want my kids to be able to do things and I want to be able to afford to send them to a private Christian University some day and pay for their school. Also I would like to help them financially (like Dave Ramsey recommends) so my kids don't have to start off in huge debt like we did.

    My kids are amazing and I am so thankful for them!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    We never wanted kids to begin with. But then we realized that there was something missing. We have one beautiful daughter and one on the way. I would have a house full of kids now if I could but I don't think my husband would go for that.

    Anonymous said...

    as i am older now, i jokingly say i would not have had kids, but although kids cause great joy and great sorrow, i would have them again, and i am thankful for the past as well as the future for them.

    Anonymous said...

    I think it's probably going to get harder when they're older (preteens and teens), but I would ABSOLUTELY have them again. I am so in love with my kids it's crazy. They are amazing and bring me great happiness!

    Anonymous said...

    I love them both, but I would have waited before having them. I would like to have had more time with just my husband.
    Like I said, I love my kids, but I'm looking forward to our empty nest days. We are still undecided on adding # 3 or not.

    Anonymous said...

    i would have definitely stopped at one. I love my second but things got so much more difficult adding that second one. sometimes i dream of having none...

    Anonymous said...

    I would love to have a house full. It seems the more children we have, the more we appreciate each of them. God is teaching me huge lessons through my kids. I love that they are drawing me closer to Him.

    Anonymous said...

    If my body was able, I would love to add to my 3. I love my kids--as challenging as they can sometimes be, but they are such gifts from God, and I would have loved to have more.

    Anonymous said...

    I only have 1 now, but want to have a houseful! I love being a mommy! We want to wait another year or so before we start trying again, because my husband is in school full-time right now, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we got pregnant now.

    I would like to add that my husband and I were married 5 years before we had our child, and I'm so glad we waited that long. I'm really thankful for that time we had together.

    Anonymous said...

    If, if, if...
    If conditions were right, I'd have a zillion and have my own tv show about it. However, most people who seem to have what I would think are the "right" conditions don't have really big families. I wonder why that is.
    But it was pretty clear after our last one that we needed to be done.

    Anonymous said...

    I would have waited until my husband was 100% ready (although he said he was when we got pregnant). It's been hard know that he wasn't and in some ways doesn't feel ready.
    I pray daily that we will have another (I seriously doubt he would agree to more than one more). I do know that I don't want to go down that road until he is totally ready though.

    Michelle said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous said...

    I would have liked to have 4, we have 2 and they are 7 years apart as it is. I believe we are finished.

    I would like to add that parenting is the toughest job I have ever had! I do believe that God doesn't bless us w/ anything we can not handle. I love being a mom!

    The Davidsons said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous said...

    Wouldn't trade them for the world.

    Anonymous said...

    I've never heard anyone regret having their children but I have heard people (especially women) wish they had had one more. I feel incredibly blessed with my two kids but someone is missing from our family! (now just have to get the husband convinced...)

    Anonymous said...

    I wish I could have 10 kids! I guess I'll stick with my 4 for now. Our oldest is battling a serious illness and watching him suffer makes me wish we could go back and not have kids. It's awful watching your child suffer! But, since we have the 4, I guess we'll keep them :)

    Anonymous said...

    I would absolutley no doubt have children again if I had it to do all over again. I only have one right now, and just found out I am pregnant with another. I couldnt imagine my life with out my son in it! He has made each and every day a memory that I will never forget. My only hope is that God will bless us with this child I have inside me to be a healthy, strong child, and possibly one more little one on down the road.